Can we start populating + updating the listings again?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

theStig

by theStig

I've been considering harvesting existing WW data as the seed for a new database. I would assume that would be frowned upon?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

galr1

by galr1

Veloflex master 28mm (non SPS), 223 / 236 g:
ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheapvega

by cheapvega

I don't think we should put listings in this thread. We should use it to develop a plan to start repopulating the list. I think in the short term it could be as simple as ditching the current approval process and using the community to moderate afterwards. I am still hopeful for the idea of a bike builder tool as well (with compatibility interlocks)

flying

by flying

Juanmoretime wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:54 am
I will get started with what has been posted here. On vacation in Cuba celebrating my wife’s 60th birthday. Will be home Wednesday evening so work will begin Thursday morning. Here that is since I have been self quarantined from my company for two weeks since I’m out of the country.
Enjoy your trip & safe travels Juan !

bilwit

by bilwit

should probably take this opportunity to rebuild the site altogether to leverage more modern web technology rather than archaic php+inline javascript :?

cheapvega

by cheapvega

bilwit wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:14 am
should probably take this opportunity to rebuild the site altogether to leverage more modern web technology rather than archaic php+inline javascript :?
Its simplicity can be a boon

We can prob make a Google Doc people can feed parts into and do regular bulk transfers.

kroem

by kroem

Had the chance to upgrade cranks to Red AXS so updated some listings :)
Current
Waltly Gravel (stolen... and found!)
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old
Canyon Ultimate SLX 6.7kg (crashed)
Tantan GR039 7.2kg (sold)

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

bilwit wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:14 am
There's absolutely nothing wrong with PHP and inline JS if it does the job. Modern trends converge towards server-side rendering anyway, see Next.js and other "universal" frameworks.

Stendhal

by Stendhal

It may be dangerous to start populating now due to COVID-19😀
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

nmx

by nmx

I know I write this regularly and nothing happens but starbike has soon warehouse move done and we will then add new weights (and especially weights of carbon compoents) in a very constant and automatical manner, completely embedded in our retail logistic process. So stay tuned.

cheapvega

by cheapvega

That would be awesome! If you make uploading part specs easy we can help. I have 99% of a build ready and can weigh everything as I go along

cjm

by cjm

cheapvega wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:02 pm
I don't think we should put listings in this thread. We should use it to develop a plan to start repopulating the list. I think in the short term it could be as simple as ditching the current approval process and using the community to moderate afterwards. I am still hopeful for the idea of a bike builder tool as well (with compatibility interlocks)
That would be great, select your frame, components, sizes and have the total build weight!

eljamoquio

by eljamoquio

cheapvega wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:44 pm
Seems like all updates stopped around 2012............

I bet we could even make a bike builder with compatibility interlocks. And maybe a batch updater too. Bums me out to see such a great resource whither away.
Long-time lurker here, I used the site extensively in 2008 to build my last bike. Now that I'm thinking of building my next bike, it'd be great to have an up-to-date-reference!

spartan

by spartan

i am going to start a new thread . 2020 weight part/bike on scale.
can a admin set as a sticky

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=162504
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

The weights list needs to be culled, too many non-WW clunker parts have found their way in.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com