SiSL2 Spindle (KP250) spline change?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

Hi,

I have a set of 2013 Cannondale SiSL2 cranks, and bought a new spindle for them a while back.

Went to fit it, and it appears the spline profile of the new spindle has changed design; it is ever so slightly more bulbous than before, meaning that I can not get my crank arms to engage properly with the new spindle. I sent the splindle back, got a new one and it also has this issue.

I have contacted various importers about this, who all say they have not seen this issue.

The new spindle has looks pretty much identical to the old one, except for a different serial number etched on it.

Anyone else seen this?

by Weenie

alcatraz

by alcatraz

That's odd. I've found the interface to be the same with fsa/sram/cannondale and I was able to mix those cranksets. The plan was to put my carbon stages arm on the sisl2 but that didn't work. I would need a stages spindle to do that.

(Fsa has a different angle than sram and cannondale so your left and right arm will not be 180degrees apart, but you can mount them together.)

How about a picture of the new and old spindle side by side?

grover

by grover

Just chiming in about the spindle orientation thing. Cannondale and SRAM are oriented differently. So possibly FSA and Cannondale are the same?