carbon ti skewer failure

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Rich_W

by Rich_W

So that's why my bike was creaking... lol. Old weenie habits are harder to break than a pair of these babies...

Attachments
carbon+ti_skewer_failure.jpeg

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Ouch. Contact carbonti. Maybe they will help send you a replacement piece by letter mail.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

numberSix

by numberSix

Yep. Had the same issue. I managed to order replacement caps. I attributed it to slightly over tightening the skewer. Following their directions it feels like the skewer can't possibly be tight enough. But it works creak free. Last year where I got 9 flats in 5 months. Can't rush the wheel change with light weight skewers.

Rich_W

by Rich_W

numberSix wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:37 pm
Yep. Had the same issue. I managed to order replacement caps. I attributed it to slightly over tightening the skewer. Following their directions it feels like the skewer can't possibly be tight enough. But it works creak free. Last year where I got 9 flats in 5 months. Can't rush the wheel change with light weight skewers.
Totally agree, I was having an issue for a long time with creaking. Hard to get them tight enough.

I sent an email to Carbon Ti. Hopefully they can give me a replacement piece

Attermann

by Attermann

If you wanna pay for shipping, i have some red bits for it, I converted to black.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Wanted to followup because I promptly heard back from Marco @ CarbonTi. Not only are they replacing the broken bit, but they are sending via DHL and I'll have it on Monday. Hats off to the folks at Carbon Ti!