Zipp Tangente Quick Release

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SebParent

by SebParent

Hi everyone !

I was considering upgrading to those light Zipp Tangente Quick Releases since they weight 70g for the pair.
Any reviews about this, do you know if it is reliable (in races of big efforts) and a good way to shave weight ?

Thanks

Sebastian

bet1216

by bet1216

Whether there are better options when it comes to weight I can't advise. However, I have been using the zipp quick releases for years on zipp wheels in crits, TT and all riding. They have always been reliable will secure down as tight as you want. I have never had issues with them coming loose. Between my wife and I we have 4 sets of zipp wheels and 2 different zipp skewers. All work well and I have never looked to change them for something lighter because they are reasonably light and just work.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SebParent

by SebParent

Hi Bet1216,

Thanks for the advice!
So, just to make sure, you are running the same skewers I’m talking about, right?

Pretty sure I’ll buy them.

Thanks

bet1216

by bet1216

Do you have a picture of the ones you are looking at? I can get some pictures of what have this weekend. I can drop them on a scale also. I know I have at least 2 different style zipp skewers.

SebParent

by SebParent

bet1216 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:24 pm
Do you have a picture of the ones you are looking at? I can get some pictures of what have this weekend. I can drop them on a scale also. I know I have at least 2 different style zipp skewers.
These are the ones I’m looking at.Image
Attachments
E0D7D3FF-97F7-4531-9BFA-25727C59B0B1.png

Tychom

by Tychom

You're looking at the steel rather than titanium version. That set is not 70g. The ti ones are 65g and very good.

Ypuh

by Ypuh

These are just the stainless default ones. They're faultless, but not as light as you probably want.

Lighter ones are the Zipp Ti Aero skewers which look like this (have no experience with them, I own the Tangente's):

Cervelo S3 - 7.3kg
Time ADHX - 8.7kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bet1216

by bet1216

SebParent wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:54 pm
bet1216 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:24 pm
These are the ones I’m looking at.Image
That is a newer lever design than what I have. I have both a Ti and stainless version of the aero skewers in that are listed right below your post. I also have a version similar to the set in your picture but much older, little larger and not as elegant as the one's you pictured. All the Ti and stainless ones I have work equally as well. I have used them on Zipp wheels and non-Zipp wheels equally as well.