SRAM Red dub crank/Quarq D Zero Dub 110 mm PM x etap 11s compatibility

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
rafalkalwa

by rafalkalwa

Hi,

Does anyone know if I can mix SRAM Red dub crank and Quarq D Zero Dub 110 mm power meter with 11s drive train? (old etap version of derraileurs and old red chainrings)?

Regards,

Rafał

Erwin

by Erwin

Yes, this will work. You only have to choose some 11s, 5 bolt, 110mm chain rings, e.g. Praxis Works, Rotor, SRAM and a lot more. Perhaps you have to look after the chain catcher pin to be in the correct position with hidden bolt cranks. Some chain rings have two pin positions.
Just avoid the AXS chain rings...

by Weenie

rafalkalwa

by rafalkalwa

Ok, thank you very much for the confirmation.

Last one question - what would happen if i put axs chainrings on the crank? (whitout the powermeter of course) I am not afraid of chain mismatch, cause since almost a year i use 12s eagle chains in all my bikes (it works very good, smooth and quiet, almost as light as KMC SL chain, but far more durable)... Should I expect any another troubles?

DaveS

by DaveS

AXS rings are not likely to be a problem, since they are designed to work with a slightly larger roller. The opposite would be more likely to cause a problem - the AXS chain with rings made for standard #40 chain, but I've done that - Campy 12 with the AXS chain and it works too. It's unknown what will happen over the long run, but I'd be surprised if problems occur. The AXS chain with 11 speed sprockets may not be a good idea, with the inner plate spacing being so narrow.
Last edited by DaveS on Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaveS

by DaveS

deleted