Berk saddle vs Specialized Power

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Daveke

by Daveke

Currently riding Specialized Power saddles in 155mm

Is there a Berk saddle that comes close to the Power in terms of shape? Lupina or Dila maybe?

by Weenie

cycleboyco

by cycleboyco

The S-Works Power in 155 is my saddle of choice and I tried both the Dila in the 160 and the Lupina in the 150 and neither one worked for me. The Dila nose was too wide and I could not find the right position on the Lupina. On the Lupina, I kept finding myself on the front of the saddle even if I moved the saddle forward. I probably could have had a little more patience with either one and played with the tilt and fore/aft, but the Power just worked, so did not seem worth it to save some weight. That said, I currently just had my first ride on the Pro Stealth Superlight in 152 and it felt great-maybe not superior to the Power, but much more natural for me than either Berk. Weight was 146g, so a little lighter than the Power.

I worked with Eric at Elite Velo Solutions and he was great to work with. Looks like he may have a demo program on Berk saddles, including both the Dila and Lupina, so that seems like a great way to try them out.

Daveke

by Daveke

I've got myself a S-Works Power Arc for my weenie-build, but would love to see if I can find a 100-ish gramme padded Saddle that comes close to the Power in terms of shape. Going on your experiences Berk might not seem the way to go for me, maybe some other manufacturers make a saddle that comes close which I might have to give a try.

Aeo

by Aeo

Try Alpitude Gardena