2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Fork Replacement

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

usbw

by usbw

Has anyone succesfully used an aftermarket fork in the 2019 specialized allez sprint? If so, can you share fork/headsest specs?

My OEM fork cannot be used. I tried to replace it, but the LBS told me the fork is not available from specialized for purchase and will not be warantied, i.e. they cannot order one. I don't want to buy a used fork on ebay, so I am researching aftermarket forks.

Enve and Whisky make forks that might work, but I'm not certain. The issue i'm obsevering is that there is some space below the lower headset bearing in the head tube. I've seen elsewhere this is a proprietary specialized design. If I use an aftermarket fork with a non-integrated crown race, I don't think it will seat properly due to that gap. Maybe I could use a spacer, but that doesn't seem like a good longterm solution. Any suggestions would be appreciated :thumbup:

Edit: this is the rim brake frame
Last edited by usbw on Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

okimy

by okimy

The allez sprint disc uses a Tarmac disc fork. You probably have the rim version so maybe the rim brake Tarmac fork could be worth a try. It's direct mount so you might need a different front brake though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

usbw

by usbw

Sorry should have specified, this is the rim brake version.

morganb

by morganb

Your shop is full of it. Specialized will sell the OEM forks to the shop, its the fork from the "SL5" Tarmac and size specific. You may not be able to find a color match but they have forks available to fit.

usbw

by usbw

Ok, thanks I'll try talking to another shop. They told me availability was related to the recall, but that didn't make sense because I don't think this fork was part of the 2018 recall.

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

Recall was on the non-Sprint Allez. Morganb is correct, it's the same as the Tarmac. If your shop can't get it, I'd go to another shop or check and see if you can find a shop that will sell it online and ship to you. Worst case, try reaching out to Specialized directly and see if they can order it through their system and ship to the shop.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

usbw

by usbw

I was able to get a crash replacement from Specialized through another shop. :thumbup: