Any S-Works Roubaix TEAM GEOMETRY owners around?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JMOS

by JMOS

I’ve been thinking about buying the S Works Roubaix Team frame for quite a long time now but I hesitate to pull the trigger because I see them quite regularly coming up for sale in as new condition, which leads me to assume that a lot of owners could not cope with the geometry (in comparison: I haven’t come across that many sales offers for the regular Roubaix 2020 model).

This makes me wonder whether there is something wrong with the geometry, but looking at the numbers it seems to be almost exactly the Tarmac geometry (which is also what Specialized say) and a lot of people like the Tarmac.

Unfortunately I do not have the opportunity to test ride it since it only comes as a frameset.
It would be great if some owners could chime in (or anyone who has ridden it)!

Thanks

//typo

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cerro

by cerro

If there is a bike I wouldn't hesitate to buy it's a S-Works Roubaix Team :) Haven't seen any ads of them to be sold used so maybe just in your network? For me it's the benchmark frame for every bike I'm thinking of.

elephant8869

by elephant8869

I’ve just bought a 53cm team edition and hope to build the bike this weekend if I get time. I’m building the bike with SRAM Red AXS, Roval CLX32 wheels and RapidAir tyres. I’ll post some photos of the build and will let you know how it rides in a few weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JMOS

by JMOS

Congrats! Do post pictures of the build. I look forward to seeing them and I am curious to hear your thoughts.

loudtiger

by loudtiger

elephant8869 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:57 pm
I’ve just bought a 53cm team edition and hope to build the bike this weekend if I get time. I’m building the bike with SRAM Red AXS, Roval CLX32 wheels and RapidAir tyres. I’ll post some photos of the build and will let you know how it rides in a few weeks

Looking forward to seeing it. Wasn't even aware this geometry was an option.

JMOS

by JMOS

loudtiger wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:45 am
elephant8869 wrote:

Looking forward to seeing it. Wasn't even aware this geometry was an option.
The nomenclature is also a bit confusing: While size 57 is essentially a size 56 with a lower headtube and hence lower stack and slightly longer reach, size 53 is not actually size 52 but a size 54 with the respective modifications (regular size + 1 in the former case, but - 1 in the latter).

Jarett

by Jarett

My Roubaix Team headtube in 57cm is 11cm+6cm FutureShock = cca 17cm and Tarmac in 56cm is 16,3cm :)

JMOS

by JMOS

Jarett wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:20 pm
My Roubaix Team headtube in 57cm is 11cm+6cm FutureShock = cca 17cm and Tarmac in 56cm is 16,3cm :)
I saw your posts, bike looks great! I am slightly concerned that in my case the drop between saddle and handlebar will be too big. If I remember correctly your saddle hight is 76, mine would be 77. However, it really is difficult to judge without trying. You don't use a "hover" bar with rise, do you?

PS: And I don't want the stem to be too high up (which kinda puts me in regular roubaix territory...)

bespoke

by bespoke

I had a Roubaix team on a long term test. Loved it; its like a comfy Tarmac. I think its a brilliant bike
I think that, and the Pro Geometry Domane would actually be the best sort of bikes for a lot of riders
Warning - Inherently biased:
www.bespokecycling.com

JMOS

by JMOS

bespoke wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:11 pm
I had a Roubaix team on a long term test. Loved it; its like a comfy Tarmac. I think its a brilliant bike
I think that, and the Pro Geometry Domane would actually be the best sort of bikes for a lot of riders
I saw/read that. Really liked the way it was put together with the enve wheels. But that seat post looked mighty scary. May I ask what your saddle height was?

While (for teh same reasons) I cannot comment on the fit of what would then be the Domane SLR RSL (?), I certainly agree concept-wise and also regarding the looks of it.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Jarett wrote:
Hmm, now I see why there isn't a pro team geometry for size 52 or 49.
5cm head tube + 6cm FutureShock=11cm headtube of Tarmac would look stupid and not structurally sound.

JMOS

by JMOS

Hexsense wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:04 pm
Jarett wrote:
5cm head tube + 6cm FutureShock=11cm headtube of Tarmac would look stupid and not structurally sound.
I thought the Future Shock was ~ 6 cm high only if the higher head tube cover is used (which adds 1,5 cm).

bespoke

by bespoke

I tested a 57- my saddle is 820mm
I will be getting a 59 next
Warning - Inherently biased:
www.bespokecycling.com

Jarett

by Jarett

JMOS wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:20 pm
Hexsense wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:04 pm
Jarett wrote:
I thought the Future Shock was ~ 6 cm high only if the higher head tube cover is used (which adds 1,5 cm).
Yes, I've got higher head tube cover, and classic handlebar (hover looks crazy :D ).

JMOS

by JMOS

elephant8869 wrote:

Any news on the build? Would love to see some pictures!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com