Any S-Works Roubaix TEAM GEOMETRY owners around?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Slack

by Slack

I wouldn't say it's that much, about 7-8mm, but it's full travel is 20mm so bear that in mind.

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Just a snapshot from my base ride yesterday:
I really love this bike!
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

whinefields

by whinefields

Finally built mine up, after waiting what felt like years to get all the parts. Wasn't able to weigh it yet, but I already know it needs to shed a few grams. Coming from a 6.5 kilogram Tarmac SL6, this feels downright heavy.
Attachments
IMG_6966.jpg

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Does it feel heavy lifting it of the floor or does it feel heavy when riding?
If it isn't the latter, and I highly doubt it is, don't overthink it. The bike is amazing and your build looks fantastic!
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

whinefields

by whinefields

Mostly the former. It did feel a tad sluggish on some of the climbs I did yesterday, but that could be due to the gearing more than the weight. And thanks! Honestly, I was inspired by your build in a lot of my selections (down to the THM Ulna handlebar). One question I had: how was the Darimo seatpost? That feels like an area where I could drop a lot of weight.

whinefields

by whinefields

After almost two years on the dot with this bike, I finally got it down to the not-too-shabby weight of 6.93kg.

I've taken this up some incredibly steep passes, bombed down some terrifying descents, and navigated pretty much every pothole my city has to offer. Throughout it all, the Roubaix has been a pleasure to ride. It certainly doesn't have the barely-there feeling that my SL6 has but for most of my days in the saddle, I couldn't be happier. The only thing I might tweak in the future is a Darimo seatpost. Maybe...