2020 Road Shoes

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Where are the pics of the white ones :o

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

icantaffordcycling wrote:Image

I wanna see what these look like in white. Is any team riding giro shoes this year?
Those shoes look sick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

guyc

by guyc

New S-Phyre's apparently.....

guyc

by guyc

Nefarious86 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:12 am

Here you go
Attachments
fd5c748c3107726e87dd7267e0d02285ecc0aa92.jpeg

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

I like white shoes, but in that material, they must be next to impossible to keep clean... unless they ship with a cat trained to lick them clean? :mrgreen:

guyc

by guyc

I'd have to agree. The black ones seem to make the most sense here in the UK. They're hardly wipe-clean.

cchesebro

by cchesebro

I'm giving up on white shoes once my current Giro pair die...it's just too much

PeytonM

by PeytonM

Any feed back on Suplest shoes?

The new 2020 range look good, particularly the road performance with single boa. But I’ve only used shimano so wondering how these compare quality, fit, comfort wise?

DartanianX

by DartanianX

A lot of the pros I know are moving away from
Suplest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Kazyole wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:26 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:45 am
Kazyole wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:28 pm
260g seems...very high. Specialized Exos are ~150g/shoe

Weight simply is not a major consideration for me when trying shoes.
To each his own. And obviously comfort and fit are going to be hugely important when considering any shoe.

My point was simply that if you're looking for a shoe with a knit upper, there are probably only two real reasons to do that. Either you live in a warm climate or otherwise have issues with your feet overheating, or you're looking to shed weight.
I'm not really sure where you've got that from. Weight has not been a selling point of knit shoes from anyone. Take your Infinitos as example of exactly like for like versions - the knit is claimed at the exact same 232g weight as the standard microtex. Knit isn't lighter, it's airier, more breathable and more formable.

BTW, seems like you might be under the impression that Exos are knit shoes - they aren't.

Kazyole

by Kazyole

Karvalo wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:24 am
Kazyole wrote:
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Kazyole wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:28 pm
260g seems...very high. Specialized Exos are ~150g/shoe

To each his own. And obviously comfort and fit are going to be hugely important when considering any shoe.

My point was simply that if you're looking for a shoe with a knit upper, there are probably only two real reasons to do that. Either you live in a warm climate or otherwise have issues with your feet overheating, or you're looking to shed weight.
I'm not really sure where you've got that from. Weight has not been a selling point of knit shoes from anyone. Take your Infinitos as example of exactly like for like versions - the knit is claimed at the exact same 232g weight as the standard microtex. Knit isn't lighter, it's airier, more breathable and more formable.

BTW, seems like you might be under the impression that Exos are knit shoes - they aren't.

I was bucketing them in the same category because in my mind they fulfill largely the same role. Breathable thin, flexible uppers.

I guess I just fail to see the point of knit shoes if they're not trying to be lighter than a standard road shoe. But I guess I've never had an issue with breathability and don't live in a climate where that's something I'd prioritize. Just expressing a general dissatisfaction that other brands aren't pushing weight the same way specialized have been doing with the exos. Knits would seem a logical place to try to do that to me at least. Shoes are heavy (relatively speaking). If I want breathable, money notwithstanding why wouldn't I also get the option that's 220g lighter for the pair.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Kazyole wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:17 am
Karvalo wrote:
Kazyole wrote:
TobinHatesYou wrote:

I was bucketing them in the same category because in my mind they fulfill largely the same role. Breathable thin, flexible uppers.

I guess I just fail to see the point of knit shoes if they're not trying to be lighter than a standard road shoe. But I guess I've never had an issue with breathability and don't live in a climate where that's something I'd prioritize. Just expressing a general dissatisfaction that other brands aren't pushing weight the same way specialized have been doing with the exos. Knits would seem a logical place to try to do that to me at least. Shoes are heavy (relatively speaking). If I want breathable, money notwithstanding why wouldn't I also get the option that's 220g lighter for the pair.
my giro prolight techlaces are going on 2+ years and are sub 180g.. ok exos are lighter but it's 2 years later too.

Kazyole

by Kazyole

spdntrxi wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:26 am
Kazyole wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:17 am
Karvalo wrote:
Kazyole wrote:

my giro prolight techlaces are going on 2+ years and are sub 180g.. ok exos are lighter but it's 2 years later too.
How are the techlaces holding up 2+ years on? They're an option I've considered but I was worried about longevity of the retention system.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

The Exos material isn't breathable, they just have huge vents.

Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

sychen

by sychen

guyc wrote:
Nefarious86 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:12 am

Here you go
That picture isn't as white as it is in real life.. Totally forgot to take some photos of them last week.. My bad.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk