2020 Road Shoes

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

icantaffordcycling wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:10 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:19 am
Nibali, Mollema, Richie and presumably others are still wearing these unreleased Bontrager XXXs.
https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/bike ... e/p/25000/

Isn't that the exact same pair? :unbelievable:

Nope, the ones you linked (and I own/love) have a wrap-style tongue. The ones in my post have a traditional tongue.

by Weenie

icantaffordcycling

by icantaffordcycling

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:14 am
Nope, the ones you linked (and I own/love) have a wrap-style tongue. The ones in my post have a traditional tongue.
Oh lol I'm blind. I was confused because I knew you had gotten those when they released. Quite recently right?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

icantaffordcycling wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:17 am

Oh lol I'm blind. I was confused because I knew you had gotten those when they released. Quite recently right?

I’ve had them since July. Pretty much the only shoes with that kind of tongue that work with my cankles. I also got Giro Imperials a little bit before that and I vastly prefer the XXXs.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

sychen wrote:
guyc wrote:
Nefarious86 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:12 am
Where are the pics of the white ones :o

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
Here you go
That picture isn't as white as it is in real life.. Totally forgot to take some photos of them last week.. My bad.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Hows the sizing of them?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

hoosierdaddy

by hoosierdaddy

I ride with Suplest Edge 3 Pro's. I switched over from S-Works 7s and haven't looked back, even with how good the S-Works 7 was. The Edge 3 Pro was just perfect for a cycling shoe for my foot.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

"It's not the destination...it's the ride!"

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

Wingnut wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:25 am
These look nice!

https://cyclingtips.com/2020/02/rapha-w ... existence/
I'm going to try to contain myself and not buy these shoes. I have the Giro knit shoes and they've been amazing...and still in perfect condition, which means I have no reason to buy these. I can maybe play some mental gymnastics and say these have BOAs and my Giro have laces, but I really don't need another knit shoe. On a separate note, any new colder weather shoes come out? The one downfall of the knit is that they're terrible in colder conditions. My feet were completely numb after 90 minutes yesterday in mid 50s F.

sychen

by sychen

Ergh.. Shouldn't get sick.. Make impulse buys... Again.

Despite having a mate with the Rapha pro team shoes and seeing in person it's quite narrow.. Saw on release there were half sizes.. So 40.5s on its way.

We will see if they fit my happy in sidi feet. Will report back to see if I need the 30 day return policy.

Lancelegstrong.. I failed.. Hope you have better luck.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

They look quite narrow...
6AEE5D63-ACCA-4E25-8B2F-C184E9300B51.jpeg
"It's not the destination...it's the ride!"

sychen

by sychen

Wingnut wrote:They look quite narrow...
6AEE5D63-ACCA-4E25-8B2F-C184E9300B51.jpeg
I know.. But sidis aren't wide either.. But the shape works. Taking a punt on the half size.. We will see.

mentok

by mentok

I thought I wanted these, but I can get 2 pairs of Empire Knit for the same price as 1 of the Rapha...

guyc

by guyc

First ride with the new Rapha Pro Team shoes. They’re stellar.

Comfortable out of the box. Fit is true to size and although they look slimmer than the S-Phyres they actually feel a little roomier in the toe box. Super stiff sole as you’d expect. Basically they look narrower than they actually feel in use.

Very good work Rapha. Very good indeed.

Weight wise size 43 with Shimano blue cleats are 309g. The S-Phyre is 291g.

sychen

by sychen

Good to hear guyc.. Cheers for the early feedback.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

been mulling over spending 300hundo on shoes... again.. Damn rapha.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

I just spent $430 CAD on some custom Luck shoes and I'm slowly regretting it. Im just now hoping the fit blows off my pants so I dont feel this way. I've been planning to get some custom shoes for a while because having wide feet aint fun. My current shoe works but it's still long for my taste, so I thought if Im going through this process again (I go through 2-3 pairs before finding the right one), I'd rather get custom and get it right.

I didnt like how the CS acted after I paid for my order (they wont give a revision for their initial custom design until you pay which is understandable).

Today, I pointed out that they didn't use all the drawings I wanted included in the shoe when I attached everything in an email to use. Said I was SOL because they're making my shoes now.

Let's see. Maybe I'll change my mind about the experience.

by Weenie