glueing screw rivit back into metron 5d - glue advise?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
MaxPower

by MaxPower

c60rider wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:22 pm
The best stuff I've found that seems to stick anything to anything else, indoors, outdoors, in all weathers is CT1. Amazing stuff and always my go to whenever something needs to be glued in easily and not come apart
Thanks for the suggestion

MaxPower

by MaxPower

This is going to be interessting.

Hole was a rattling fit now (and before also) after slight sanding with fine sandpaper. Tried to be super careful and also sand old glue off the top and inside the hole.

Pre-expanded the rivnut to almost kontakt the sidewalls. Alkohol cleaned, dried, dp460 thin film on sidewalls and on rivnut. Sealed tip of the rivnut with glue from a hotgun to prevent epoxy getting into the threads. Tighten the rivnut as much as i dared. It went noticeable tight at some point but kept it pressed down i to the hole the whole time, so flush contact on the flange. Would not dare to tighten it more in fear of delaminating the carbon and the pang of carbon death.

Put some epoxy also on the cut in the top laminate as a seal. Looks fine at the moment, and could remove the bolt without the rivnut turning.

So i am hopeful.

Now wait 24-48 hours and try to mount an out front...
Attachments
DSC_0116.JPG
DSC_0117.JPG

by Weenie