Scott Addict RC Pro 2020 strip and detail

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

by Weenie

DeLuz

by DeLuz

Most beautiful bike I have ever seen.
Paint job is dope.

dannywin42

by dannywin42

Thanks, the bike and paint were worth the effort for sure. I'm going to redo the foil and eventually my synapse too once winter is over so may do another thread or two

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Steve K

by Steve K

Did you swap chainrings from 53/39 to 52/36? The catalog spec sheet says 53/39 but I know that stuff can sometimes change.

dannywin42

by dannywin42

No it came with the 52 36 rings but funnily enough I did want the standard chainset. Luckily i had a good friend with a standard DA chainset spare that had never been fitted so I've bought that, swapped the rings to the newer polished cranks and bobbed em on. Looks much more macho now Image.

It's also given me chance to put a new chainset on my foil as a few chain throws had scratched the one on there up a good bit. I obviously polished up the old new cranks and coated them first.

That also means that the winter bike is now running a (slightly scratched) DA chainset too. DA FTW. ImageImageImage

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

dannywin42 wrote:so onto the wheels...

I needed to remove one of the tyres from the rims anyway as the bike shop had only aligned one of the tyre labels properly but then again i needed the serial numbers for the wheel registration anyway.

a thorough wipe down of the rims with Upol and I was ready to polish.

Using a very soft "honey" pad (Scholl Concepts) with some sonax perfect finish polish I worked my way around the rim approx a 1/3 at a time with a DAS 6 pro DA. approx 3 passes and then a wipe down to check progress showed that gloss had come up beautifully and made the wheels look much more their price point. It was evident that the 3 inch pad wasnt small enough to get into the spoke gaps however and so a soft foam hand pad and sonax was the order of the day. once I had done both rims done, which took around 2 hours total, I gave them another panel wipe followed by a final IPA wipe just to get rid of any residue ready for the coating.

Then I broke out a fresh pair of gloves, a nice new clean short knap microfibre and my coating of choice, CarPro CQuartz Lite. Using a small applicator I applied to the whole side of one rim at a time, following immidiately by wiping down gently to level and then again to gently remove any remaining resisue from the solvent. I left to dry for approx 90 mins and then repeated. The wheels were then brought in the house to properly cure overnight. Its hard to photograph but the gloss is now fantastic.

Before polishing:

After Polishing and wipe down:

After 2 coats of CQ Lite:

What’s a good way to do the wheels? Mine are Reynolds and the carbon isn’t looking the same as it did when I first got them. I’ve used degreaser recently to see if it works and other than that normal bike cleaner. They seem to have a weird look to them as you can see from the picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dannywin42

by dannywin42

Degreaser will do the opposite of what you're expecting, I've had it leave white streaks and generally make the carbon look like its dried out. only way to rejuvenate the finish is to use light abrasive like a car polish. Start with something very light such as a finishing polish and a microfibre cloth. Work the polish in firmly in either a backwards and forward motion or small circles making sure to only work a small area at a time. Once you have removed the polish residue the finish should be deeper and glossier. Degreaser may undo the work again though so a coating or wax of some kind would add protection, just be careful not to do the brake tracks for obvious reasons.

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

dannywin42 wrote:Degreaser will do the opposite of what you're expecting, I've had it leave white streaks and generally make the carbon look like its dried out. only way to rejuvenate the finish is to use light abrasive like a car polish. Start with something very light such as a finishing polish and a microfibre cloth. Work the polish in firmly in either a backwards and forward motion or small circles making sure to only work a small area at a time. Once you have removed the polish residue the finish should be deeper and glossier. Degreaser may undo the work again though so a coating or wax of some kind would add protection, just be careful not to do the brake tracks for obvious reasons.

I contacted Reynolds and they say the wheels look like just how the wheels clearcoat cured but I’m still not happy about it. I can send them in for evaluation hoping they replace them, but if not then I’ll have to do this but I doubt it will make them look like they once did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dannywin42

by dannywin42

First ride outdoors. Fantastic. Wheels are mega too, dream bike for sure. ImageImageImage

Vermu

by Vermu

How does it stay in such a mint condition? I would really weep to have such a bike and ride it in rain

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dannywin42

by dannywin42

I wint ride it in rain but if it gets dirty it will be cleaned gently and thoroughly. The ceramic coat will both keep it cleaner and make it easier to clean too

Swannie

by Swannie

Nice bike!
What kind of saddlebag are u using?

dannywin42

by dannywin42

Swannie wrote:Nice bike!
What kind of saddlebag are u using?
It's the syncros integrated one, the 200 i think. It has bolt holes under saddle to mount it not very big though, might carry 2 tubolitos or something for long rides

smz5969

by smz5969

Am i the only one who is unable to see the pics posted except for the last page?

dannywin42

by dannywin42

They load for me fine on tapatalk, not tried on web

by Weenie