Scott Addict RC Pro 2020 strip and detail

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
GothicCastle

by GothicCastle

The after photo of the wheels looks really nice.

Scott seems to have done a great job with this frame. I'd love to give one a test ride.

by Weenie

dannywin42

by dannywin42

Fully corrected and coated. I'll upload everything over next few days. Looks ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

adilosnave

by adilosnave

This is one of the best threads in a while. That bike is absolutely stunning! Love these pictures.

dannywin42

by dannywin42

It's very much better now. Infact im hinking I should really break the DSLR out to do it justice.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

dannywin42

by dannywin42

On Saturday I started the correction. Started with the most akward bits, namely the decals on the top tube.
as can be seen they were a bit of a state beforehand, probably due to being handled in the shop.

I had to tape each individual section and polish by hand for this so it took a little while but the result was worth it.

Before:

During:

After:

dannywin42

by dannywin42

then onto the bottom bracket area. Again I had to do a lot of this by hand as there wasnt space in the corner areas for the machine. It took a few passes to get it as good as the machine would in a fraction of the time but again it was worth it.

before - this was one of the worst areas on the bike:

afters - vast improvement, just some very small scratches that are just too deep to want to chase. It will be behind the chainrings anyway so no worries.

NoMütze

by NoMütze

amazing! following...
what polish are you using? some hints about "dos and donts"
thx

dannywin42

by dannywin42

now the fun bits. The bigger sections which were hittable with the machine.

did a quick 50/50 by taping across the downtube to show the amount of improvement with a single set. In most areas I did 2 sets just to bring further refinement.

Before:

Afters:

downtube looking good now:

rest of bike all refined:

dannywin42

by dannywin42

After a final IPA wipe down to make sure any polishing oils or residue were gone I applied a coat of CQuartz being careful to be very thorough in both application, levelling and ensuring any residue was removed.

Before levelling and removal:

Once I had done the whole bike, including handlebars, deraillieurs and brake calipers I left it for an hour to cure and then did a second coat in exactly the same manner.

Once the second coat was done the bike was taken in the house where the temperature was more favourable to a good curing.

dannywin42

by dannywin42

Now for the results...

firstly on the evening of the correction using just my phone and a few led lights to show the colours off by changning light source angles etc:

dannywin42

by dannywin42

these next 3 taken by changing the angle of the light hitting the front of the bike i can get 3 totally different colours, its an amazing paint job.

Brown - Purple

Green

Blue

dannywin42

by dannywin42

cheeky gif of the colour shift

dannywin42

by dannywin42

and finally for the money shots.

bike fully built up and deraillieurs fully adjusted and chain catcher installed just before.

had a mess around with light painting aswell as some normal flash stuff with the DSLR. must say it looks the shit and im glad I spent the time. Now to go get it mucky I suppose!

dannywin42

by dannywin42

by Weenie

dannywin42

by dannywin42