Campagnolo H11 Crankset Compatibility on 11S Rim Setup

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bobbyc123

by Bobbyc123

Okay so found out they h11 chainrings aren't compatible with rings marked A. Despite the same bolt pattern there is a different design to the outer chainring. Inner chainrings would be cross compatible.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Miller

by Miller

I picked up an H11 chainset for a good price to replace an oldish Chorus chainset. In 170 50/34 format the H11 chainset is 630g, dropping about 70g compared to the Chorus chainset.

flying

by flying

Miller wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:59 pm
I picked up an H11 chainset for a good price to replace an oldish Chorus chainset. In 170 50/34 format the H11 chainset is 630g, dropping about 70g compared to the Chorus chainset.
Nice :beer:

Yes I also have that H11 crankset & it is a real nice find in the Campy lineup
Kinda just quietly there & excellent weight wise. Plus you can sometimes find it on a great sale
I got mine new from L9 Sports for $240 last year 4th of July Sale:thumbup:

Bobbyc123

by Bobbyc123

I picked up a cheap pair in the uk for £225. Hopefully they'll keep making the chainrings for a while!

Rossmco

by Rossmco

Hello, I just picked up an H11 compact (50-34) crank set for my Colnago C60 running Record group set. No problem mounting the cranks, but...noticed an issue, which I hope one of you can help with. Some info, previous crankset was 52-36.
Rear shifting is perfect on the small ring, but the front derailleur won't drive the change to the outer chainring. Changing the limit screws and cable tension doesn't help- do I have to reposition the derailleur to accommodate the smaller chainring, or is there some other adjustment to begin? Ive watched the Campy mounting video, but I'd like to avoid starting from the very beginning if possible. Cheers in advance.

Rossmco

by Rossmco

Also, sorry. In reply to and earlier post, I picked them up at Fahrrad.de (part of interbike) for 289Euro - 175mm crank length only.

Miller

by Miller

Rossmco wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 12:27 pm
Hello, I just picked up an H11 compact (50-34) crank set for my Colnago C60 running Record group set. No problem mounting the cranks, but...noticed an issue, which I hope one of you can help with. Some info, previous crankset was 52-36.
Rear shifting is perfect on the small ring, but the front derailleur won't drive the change to the outer chainring. Changing the limit screws and cable tension doesn't help- do I have to reposition the derailleur to accommodate the smaller chainring, or is there some other adjustment to begin? Ive watched the Campy mounting video, but I'd like to avoid starting from the very beginning if possible. Cheers in advance.
Your friend in this case is the Campagnolo Front Derailleur Alignment Tool. It's just a pair of plastic guides, one for 52-53t chainrings, one for 50t chainrings, and quite cheap. Using it you can accurately align the front mech on the chainset, it really helps to set up front shifting. You probably do need to start from the beginning again and you definitely need to unclamp the front mech wire and reposition because I think that is limiting you.

Rossmco

by Rossmco

Thanks Miller,

I had another go last night, increased the cable tension and adjusted the limit screw. Feels like 'just' a fettling job now, down shifts are solid, but shifts to the big ring are only ok. I might need to do a little more to get it robust.
Appreciate the tip on the tool, I'll have a look for a plastic one. I'm just a bit gun shy after the 13sp Ekar chain splitter tool being quoted at $300.

Thanks again,
Ross

Bobbyc123

by Bobbyc123

I had this issue with my set up recently. The issue I had was the outer limit screw. Nothing was moving when I was turning the screw so I couldn't see the adjustments being made.

And plus one for that tool. Luckily it's only about £11

kervelo

by kervelo

I am looking for a replacement chainring for my H11 crankset. The original chainring FC-H11052 is very hard to find, so I wonder if there is some other Campy part I could use. @Bobbyc123 mentioned above that the chainring A (FC-SR352) is not compatible. I recently noticed one shop lists the cheaper Potenza chainring (most likely the FC-PO152B) as compatible with H11: has anyone tried that? Are there any good 3rd party chainring options available?

The Campagnolo diagrams for the cranksets are here:
https://www.campagnolo.com/media/files/ ... part_A.pdf