Full carbon saddle clamp?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi to all!

I'm looking for some help - I would like to get as many standard seatpost clamps as possible, in order to develop a carbon replacement.

We already produce on request the carbon clamp for Pinarello F12 (the same as for F8 and F10) and it saves around 25g compared to the original setup.

I would really appreciate your help if there is any bike model with a heavy seatpost saddle clamp design. I'm happy to make a carbon replacement for those who could borrow such clamps for a few days :thumbup: thanks!

Regards,
Jure
Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites - Handmade In Slovenia
Berk Composites
http://www.berk-composites.com/
info(a)berk-composites.com

alanyu

by alanyu

Though I don't have tcr/pp isp, I do know their clamp are very heavy. A lot of tcr/pp isp owners should be happy to provide the dimensions.

by Weenie

MrMojo

by MrMojo

I would be interested in one to fit Colnago seat posts.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei
2018 Cipollini NK1K
2017 Colnago C60
2017 Colnago V1-R
2014 Cipollini RB1K
2008 Colnago Extreme C
2005 Colnago C50
2001 Colnago C40 Mapei

fogman

by fogman

I have your Pinarello carbon saddle clamp on my F10. Great product.

I would also like to see one manufactured for the Colnago C64.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

Cubist

by Cubist

Deda Superleggero RS :)

brearley

by brearley

The top clamp including bolts on the systemsix seat post weighs 65g. Total clamp top and bottom is 85g

corky

by corky

PMP , Syntace , Fizik.....

moock

by moock

I cant find it right now but there is a thread about the heavy Giant TCR ISP saddleclamp.
This will safe much weight.

Courie90

by Courie90

alanyu wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:04 pm
Though I don't have tcr/pp isp, I do know their clamp are very heavy. A lot of tcr/pp isp owners should be happy to provide the dimensions.
I have giant TCR with ISP, would indeed be nice to see more lightweight solution. But I cannot miss the clamp for a while

grtz

angelo

Cemicar

by Cemicar

Trek's Emonda SLR has an awful seatpost as a whole, but the saddle clamp is 50 grams or more. The clamping hardware is nothing special, just likes of Tarmac or Enve, but I'd be surprised you can create anything even worse.

tabl10s

by tabl10s

Berk wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:57 pm
Hi to all!

I'm looking for some help - I would like to get as many standard seatpost clamps as possible, in order to develop a carbon replacement.

We already produce on request the carbon clamp for Pinarello F12 (the same as for F8 and F10) and it saves around 25g compared to the original setup.

I would really appreciate your help if there is any bike model with a heavy seatpost saddle clamp design. I'm happy to make a carbon replacement for those who could borrow such clamps for a few days :thumbup: thanks!

Regards,
Jure
This is great as I thought you stopped making these altogether. I can send my S-Works Tarmac version.
2015 Pinarello F8: 13.05lbs/5.915kg
2016 Rca: 11.07lbs/5.048kg
2018 Rca
2018 S-Works SL6 Ultralight: 12.03lbs

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi,
thanks to all!
I already get one from Giant thanks to Mr Simon J. who delivered it already :thumbup:
We'll see what else could we do, as far as I see some of the Colnago bikes use Deda seatpost, also Bianchy Oltre has a system which could be made much lighter... We'll see what could we do.

If you have anything you could miss for a few days please just drop me an email info(a)berk-composites.com or my personal jureberk92(a)gmail.com, thanks!

Basicy all we need is the lower craddle diameter (so that it can fit perfectly on the seatpost) and on the upper clamp we just need the distance between both bolts

Thanks!
Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites - Handmade In Slovenia
Berk Composites
http://www.berk-composites.com/
info(a)berk-composites.com

Ferry

by Ferry

Looking forward to a lightweight version of the TCR clamp. Are these available yet?

by Weenie