EEwings All Road + Sigeyi 110mm 3-5 spider

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Jhomewood wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:01 pm
Maybe look for an old three bolt quarq spider
that want work, because of the battery. This is the only possible option.

I've sent a message to SIGEYI, but still no answer.

by Weenie

elfuinha

by elfuinha

What is the height of that part of the spider...????
If the Crank arm clears this zone it will work.
Attachments
IMG_20200212_174053.jpg

kode54

by kode54

I asked the very same question about whether or not they will fit or not. I was told that the spider interface is flipped...where the rechargeable magnetic catch is. So it will not fit due to that. I could be wrong, but that's what I was told.
- Factor 02 VAM Disc + DA9170 + Enve 4.5AR CK CL hubs
- Moots Vamoots Disc RSL Titanium + DA9170 + Enve 3.4AR CK CL hubs
- Factor LS Disc + DA9170 + Enve G23 CK CL hubs
- Allied Able + DA9170 + Enve G27 CK CL hubs --> outgoing

elfuinha

by elfuinha

kode54 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:41 pm
I asked the very same question about whether or not they will fit or not. I was told that the spider interface is flipped...where the rechargeable magnetic catch is. So it will not fit due to that. I could be wrong, but that's what I was told.
Hello Kode54,

i know the interface is fliped, that's i'm asking about the height in that zone... see the picture of the Spider above.

it's the same thing with the SRM spider, but the SRM doesn't have a lump it's complitly flat.
Attachments
EEwings + SRM.jpg

Mostlyharmless

by Mostlyharmless

elfuinha wrote:
kode54 wrote:
Hello Kode54,

i know the interface is fliped, that's i'm asking about the height in that zone... see the picture of the Spider above.

it's the same thing with the SRM spider, but the SRM doesn't have a lump it's complitly flat.
I am kinda confused. I don’t think that SRM has ever released PM8 (the only rechargeable model) Three Bolt spider, the latest Three Bolt model on their website is PM7, which is not rechargeable. And even if they did, the SRM logo would look upside down in this situation. Because the Three Bolt interface on EEwings is flipped. So what is this really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Mostlyharmless wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:46 pm
elfuinha wrote:
kode54 wrote:
Hello Kode54,

I am kinda confused. I don’t think that SRM has ever released PM8 (the only rechargeable model) Three Bolt spider, the latest Three Bolt model on their website is PM7, which is not rechargeable. And even if they did, the SRM logo would look upside down in this situation. Because the Three Bolt interface on EEwings is flipped. So what is this really

About SRM i don't know, but i see several people using this spider with the crank, and it works in a reverse chainring bolt like SRAM, as one bolt will be under the crank arm.

my interest is in Sygeyi, and i also msg them, but still no answer.

kode54

by kode54

Very interested in this. Thx for the info. Yes, I realize there's a raised area on the flipped side. I have clearance on the Cane Creek spider but maybe not enough to clear it.

elfuinha

by elfuinha

kode54 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:39 pm
Very interested in this. Thx for the info. Yes, I realize there's a raised area on the flipped side. I have clearance on the Cane Creek spider but maybe not enough to clear it.
Acording to Andy at https://www.ultimateceramicbearings.co. ... duct_id=79

that as the 4 bolt version in stock says it clears, i need the 5 bolt version.

i'm think in getting one, after my lightweight front wheel comes from repair.

the price is good and it is very similar in specs to the Quarq Dzero Specialized i've in the other bike.

kode54

by kode54

Let me know if you do. I'd be interested in the same 5-bolt version. Thx.

elfuinha

by elfuinha

I think it will work
Attachments
IMG_20200213_144702.jpg

kode54

by kode54

Andy at Ultimate Ceramic Bearings said the spider is symmetrical and said it would work, so I ordered one.

We'll see.

elfuinha

by elfuinha

kode54 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:02 pm
Andy at Ultimate Ceramic Bearings said the spider is symmetrical and said it would work, so I ordered one.

We'll see.
in this case, let me know, since you have order it before i did. : -)

my email is nunosergiomoreirapires@gmail.com

Regards

kode54

by kode54

Will do. It may take awhile to get to me since its coming from overseas.

I'll let you know.

Mostlyharmless

by Mostlyharmless

elfuinha wrote:
Mostlyharmless wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:46 pm
elfuinha wrote:
kode54 wrote:
Hello Kode54,

About SRM i don't know, but i see several people using this spider with the crank, and it works in a reverse chainring bolt like SRAM, as one bolt will be under the crank arm.

my interest is in Sygeyi, and i also msg them, but still no answer.
I don’t think you would receive anything back from any Chinese companies currently due to this corona virus thing going on there. But I think Sigeyi spider would work even better than SRM, because the 3-bolt interface on Sigeyi is also flipped just like EEwings. So there wouldn’t be a chainring bolt hidden underneath the crank arm

by Weenie

kode54

by kode54

I ordered from a UK company that had 10 in stock. So, shouldn't be delayed much...just the shipping to the US.