Fuji Transonic 2020

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
prebsy

by prebsy

disc brake and rim brake options which seems refreshing for an "aero" bike in 2020. Top level disc frameset has a $1999 MSRP.
The geo numbers are also aggressive and the semi integrated stem is -17, me likey!!!!

http://www.fujibike.com/usa/bikes/road/ ... /transonic

RedbullFiXX

by RedbullFiXX

Can't hate on that, looks good
Cyclocross, in general, is about riding the wrong bike for the conditions.

by Weenie

rides4beer

by rides4beer

Loved my 2018 Transonic, only sold it go with discs, and now they have it with discs, and that blue is awesome!!

Should be a very fast bike. The original Transonic was def underrated, it tested at the same aero as the Cervelo S5, and the new Transonic is supposedly more aero. :thumbup:

prebsy

by prebsy

I enjoyed the old transonics I had as well, really hope they didn't reduce the tire clearance. I wonder if they are using FSA's ACR headset to accomplish the routing.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

This was shown off almost a year ago and hasn’t been released yet. Fuji seems to very much be in a holding pattern. They weren’t even able to supply TIBCO-SVB with the bikes they requested last year, necessitating a switch to Cannondale for 2020.

flying

by flying

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:43 pm
This was shown off almost a year ago and hasn’t been released yet. Fuji seems to very much be in a holding pattern. They weren’t even able to supply TIBCO-SVB with the bikes they requested last year, necessitating a switch to Cannondale for 2020.

Actually Fuji posted on IG today that it is available now thru dealers
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7BcT2CHo7Z/

fujibikes
Transonic: Because Fast Is Not Enough. ⠀
The all-new #FujiTransonic is now available through your local Fuji Dealer.⠀

prebsy

by prebsy

I've seen the rim brake for sale right now, haven't seen the disc yet. I'll give a dealer a call tomorrow.

prebsy

by prebsy

2.3s and 2.5s rim and disc are in stock in the USA, looks like a while for the 1.1 disc

PsyDoc

by PsyDoc

prebsy wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:10 pm
I enjoyed the old transonics I had as well, really hope they didn't reduce the tire clearance. I wonder if they are using FSA's ACR headset to accomplish the routing.
I contacted Fuji about whether they'll be releasing the Transonic as a "frame/fork" option and inquired about tire clearance. They replied that they will be releasing it as a frame only and "The new Transonic will definitely accept 700 x 25c Conti Gran Prix 4000s – in fact it’s actually got clearance for Panaracer 700x32c GravelKings!"

floriansantana

by floriansantana

I initially wanted to buy this bike when they first had planned to release the bike in fall 2018, then in winter 2019 and then in spring 2019. When they still could deliver it in May 2019 I went for the SystemSix.

lewishong9

by lewishong9

Wow what a deal.
Does anybody know if the handlebar and the stem is part of frameset package?

VoukDi89

by VoukDi89

Guys I just order the 2.1 rim full Dura Ace. I hope it will be good. I own the Scott foil 20 2017 and I face a lot of rubbing on backwheel. So I decide to go for the Fuji. 🙏

Matt28NJ

by Matt28NJ

VoukDi89 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:10 pm
I own the Scott foil 20 2017 and I face a lot of rubbing on backwheel.
What's your wheel and tire setup?

Roadrocket

by Roadrocket

Thumb up for Fuji for keeping the rim brake alive :thumbup:

Looks very good too. I really didn´t like the shapes of previous version, but this on I´d seriously consider. Btw. am I seeing the price $1,299.99 for the rim brake frameset right? Maybe that is because only disc brake frame use ultra hi-mod fibers.

Don´t know the difference between C10 and C15 Fuji layups, but $1,3k for frameset is really bargain.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Their geometry definitely get my attention on size S and XS.
-Long front center in combination with...
-Very low trail value on size S , size XS's trail is also lower than average but not really outstanding.
-Low stack, so I don't have to down size the frame.
-Relatively low top tube slope. Seat tube isn't super stubby short on size S and XS. So seat tube bottle cage should fit large water bottle easily. (Trek Madone and Cannondale SystemSix mess this up on their small sizes).

I just need to see how the internal cable routing works, what is minimal spacer required for other handlebar and stem, and probably another overview impression of some rider before start to ask my LBS to order it.

by Weenie