Need Help Choosing

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

clutchup

by clutchup

Hey Folks,

I am trying to decide between the Curve Cycling Belgie Disc V3 and the Alchemy Eros. Both would be equipped with Sram Force Etap. The Curve comes w/ a power meter; Curve 45mm carbon wheels, and Zipp Service Course SL finishing bits. The Alchemy does not have power but is fitted with Enve.

The Curve is about $1000.00 cheaper and exactly where I wanted to be price wise. My only concerns are ordering from overseas and the geo seems weird. I am typically a size 54 but when comparing geo charts, the bike seems to be sized up (ie size 54 has 555mm top tube). The rep still recommends 54 for my size. Last, the frame is made in China.

I don’t have much concern with the Alchemy other then it’s about a grand more and straight gauge Ti. As with the “made in China” thing, I have read differing opinions on straight vs butted tubes.

Moots, Firefly, etc. are way out of my price range. I was hoping to stay around 8K but the Alchemy around 9K would be my absolute max.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Which one do you think will give you more excitement to go out riding, after a year of ownership?

Have you ridden bikes with bit too long top tubes + shorter stems? Problem?

Maybe put up geometry charts here and have some members help you predict the feel change between the bikes.

alanyu

by alanyu

You need to compare reach and stack in stead of TT, and compare STA and seatpost offset to judge whether the saddle position is suitable for you.

Better to show geometry charts.