Ciamillo Zero Gravity Ti brakes - unable to clear 25mm (measured 26.5) tires

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

goixiz

by goixiz

I recetly purchased a set of used Ciamillo Zero Gravity brakes and i have not installed them yet
But i try to slide it over the tires and it wont clear (when tires are pumpedup and new pads)
Is there an adapter i can purchase to have it open wider so i can clear the tires and open wide enough for my 26mm wide Aeolus 3 wheels..

Currently im using Campy skeleton brakes withiout issues - is the ZG brakes an upgrade ??

Thanks in advance
- Eat More Rice !

BikeEatSleepRepeat

by BikeEatSleepRepeat

Have you tweaked the micro cam for a wide set up?

Here's the instructions for that- https://www.lekki8.com/instructions

You'll see there how to pop out the cam itself for wheel install/removal also.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

themidge

by themidge

How old are the brakes? The more recent ones are better at fitting wider tyres/rims and only new-ish ones have a micro-cam.
You probably need new, shallower brake pad holders, the ones with my Ciamillos are quite deep and would definitely not fit a 26mm rim. Note that there is a quick-release (the little silver triangle-shaped thing), that might be enough to get the tyre through if you haven't already undone it. The thing with Ciamillos is that they need to be set up such that the brakes fall to their natural mechanical position when not braking i.e. not held slightly closed by the cable, so if you get new pad holders try and make sure they're just the right size for your rims.

ZeroG
in the industry

by ZeroG

themidge wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:05 pm
How old are the brakes? The more recent ones are better at fitting wider tyres/rims and only new-ish ones have a micro-cam.
You probably need new, shallower brake pad holders, the ones with my Ciamillos are quite deep and would definitely not fit a 26mm rim. Note that there is a quick-release (the little silver triangle-shaped thing), that might be enough to get the tyre through if you haven't already undone it. The thing with Ciamillos is that they need to be set up such that the brakes fall to their natural mechanical position when not braking i.e. not held slightly closed by the cable, so if you get new pad holders try and make sure they're just the right size for your rims.
Thanks .. this is correct