Campag Bora WTO v Campag Bora Ultra

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Lafolie

by Lafolie

Apart from a slight weight differential and a more aero rim profile, I wonder if the ride quaility is quite similar ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I would say yes, definitely, and even smoother. For context I have been riding the current generation Boras since they came out in 2015; specifically Ultra 50 tub and clincher, One 50 clincher and Ultra 35 clincher. In April last year I got a new pair of WTO 60s and used them all season in circuit races and crits with the same tyres (Vittoria Corsa and Corsa Speed.) Absolutely stellar wheels.

jacobeh

by jacobeh

Mockenrue wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:41 am
I would say yes, definitely, and even smoother. For context I have been riding the current generation Boras since they came out in 2015; specifically Ultra 50 tub and clincher, One 50 clincher and Ultra 35 clincher. In April last year I got a new pair of WTO 60s and used them all season in circuit races and crits with the same tyres (Vittoria Corsa and Corsa Speed.) Absolutely stellar wheels.
Do the WTO have the same CULT bearings as the Ultras? Or are the WTO more like the One's?

roelez

by roelez

Wto use usb bearings, but the rim profile is wider and similar to enve.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Lafolie

by Lafolie

cheers

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

jacobeh wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:44 pm
Mockenrue wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:41 am
Do the WTO have the same CULT bearings as the Ultras? Or are the WTO more like the One's?
Same as the ones.. I modded my WTO 60s to cult.. greasy fast wheels... I agree with the above on ultras to wtos.. I run sworks cotton 24s on both...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lafolie

by Lafolie

cheers