Best (value?) road bike on the current market - 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

It ough to be something on extreme discount,...or?
Direct sales bike should be in top, but i'm not sure of brands woring with this beyond Canyon and Rose?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

AJS914

by AJS914

The best value is going to be a remaindered 2019 bike on blowout or even better, a used bike that was only ridden 500-1000 miles.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Shpox

by Shpox

Varies from region to region, but my comparison led me to the following:

- Tarmac is the best all-round and lightest options but they don't sell a lot of uDi2 models, it's dura-ace or nothing with the Tarmac Expert being just ultegra. Also, it's extremely expensive so not really worth what Chris is asking.

- TCR is great but the frame is now 5-6 years old with the only difference being disc. Giant still offer Rim which is awesome. Definetly the most bang for buck. I think the trade war / SRAM Force groupsets have really messed up the pricing. This years models are more expensive and I just don't like SRAM Force tbh when compared to uDi2. New disc frame is due next year. I also wish they'd drop the integrated seat post. All other high end bikes in this category do so and have good relative frame weights.

- Canyon. The next best option. I find the bikes a little boring and not 100% of the direct sales model for warranty and supporitng shops but it's affordable. I like the aeroad but it's due for a revamp and the ultimate seems to be the better model anyway. Again, some more frame development would be nice and the propietary one piece handlebar is a not ideal at all. Canyon's have a much lower stack height compared to other two for the same size so they're pretty aggressive.

tinozee

by tinozee

These are all great options. Go with one that has geometry that works well with your body in your best riding shape. For example, I was on a Tarmac for a while but I needed a -17 stem slammed, while on the same size Evo I hat a -6 stem with a 5mm spacer. I felt like the tarmac was super stiff, great for blasting sprints, but a little too stiff on long rides or races. The Evo fits me like a glove and it has an amazing balance of stiffness and flex that seems to work with the body and is super comfortable for endless miles. These are older models, but the point is that you need to pick the best feeling one for you. I am lucky enough to have two bike shops partners and a team sponsor so we get to test almost anything they catrry. Most shops here will let you take a demo home for a few days, it's so worth it.

Stendhal

by Stendhal

Shpox wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:41 am
Varies from region to region, but my comparison led me to the following:

Darn clever video! One correction: the Orbea Orca measured at 7.5 kg on Bike Radar, as pictured in the comparison, is a size 57, not 53. (Warren Rossiter is tall!) A GCN video with the same DA Di2 setup at size 55 produced a real time weight (on screen) of 7.35 kg with computer mount.
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum