Campagnolo Powermeter

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Yep. Power meters will be OE on pretty much any bike US$5000 and up in the next couple years. We're well on our way with Specialized, Cannondale, Giant, and others playing that game. Also the SRMs, P2Ms, Stages, 4iiiis, etc. of the world are probably thinking exit strategy at this point.

Geoff

by Geoff

Interesting. I have been pretty happy with my SRMs, but am open to the factory alternatives that are appearing, too.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

This probably explains the lack of urgency for Campy to be supplying any kind of new crank arm design to P2Max and SRM for a new style PM to match the 12s design...

c60rider

by c60rider

ParisCarbon wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:12 pm
This probably explains the lack of urgency for Campy to be supplying any kind of new crank arm design to P2Max and SRM for a new style PM to match the 12s design...
They have updated them in as much as you can specify 12 speed style logos on the crank arms or keep to 11 as they had previously. There was no need to do anything more than that as existing power meters from P2M and SRM worked fine on 12 speed.

robertbb

by robertbb

c60rider wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:12 pm
ParisCarbon wrote:
They have updated them in as much as you can specify 12 speed style logos on the crank arms or keep to 11 as they had previously. There was no need to do anything more than that as existing power meters from P2M and SRM worked fine on 12 speed.
Is that to say that existing 11 speed (non-P2Max/SRm and non-H11) Campy cranks work with 12 speed too?

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

robertbb wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:46 pm
c60rider wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:12 pm
ParisCarbon wrote:
Is that to say that existing 11 speed (non-P2Max/SRm and non-H11) Campy cranks work with 12 speed too?
They "work" .. there is a difference.. I have queried Graeme on it, and I trust what the expert has to say... The only difference as stated above was the crankarms lost the 11s logo.. the crank itself is the same... the spider was never redesigned by SRM or P2Max to accomodate for the different offset.. they simply just bolt the 12s ring on, and off you go.. it coudnt have a "huge" issue as Lotto Soudal and Movistar were running campy 12s all last season with SRM/P2Max and Cofidis is back on Campy this year with SRM... Talking with SRM, they even told me those non labeled 11s arms were "team issue" only, but they are availabel if you buy a P2Max.. so go figure....

mag

by mag

I've got that "12s" P2M with the 12 chainrings on the 12s drivertain and yes it's technically the same thing as the 11s version, just the labels are different. Functionality-wise I'd say the shifting is even better than with the genuine 12s crankset. There's however less tolerance for crosschained gear combinations (which shouldn't bother anyone much anyway as these combinations are better to avoid entirely) - the chainrings are slightly closer to each other.

Looking forward to the "factory" PM right from Campy, though the 1st gen might have some issues as it usually happens with these things - unless they teamed up with some existing PM manufacturer.

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

Bringing this back to the top since I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else, but Bike Rumor ran a follow up article earlier this year speculating that Lotto-Sudal were training on a prototype of the rumoured Campagnolo powermeter. It was all fun until noted killjoy and fellow Weight Weenie Adam Hansen rained on the parade in the comment section stating that there was a shortage of SRM powermeters for the team and that the suspected "factory" PMs from Campagnolo were simply normal cranksets. A likely cover story! Way to toe the company line there, Adam! :)

https://bikerumor.com/2020/01/03/spotte ... wer-meter/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

What a load of click bait crap...

All the teams do it.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk