Pardus Road Bike

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
billychung

by billychung

Has anyone tried pardus own brand road bike frames? I know one of the retailer in hong kong and would like to order from him

Please give me some feedback of the frame and the brand itself

Thanks!

by Weenie

jlok

by jlok

Pardus is unheard in Hong Kong. Obviously it is a Chinese brand and it's unthinkable why people would buy it.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

billychung

by billychung

Seems its a big OEM factory for other well known brand, i am thinking to have a shot on them with the price, but i just want to ask some review before I go for it

alcatraz

by alcatraz

I just got some pardus integrated handlebars and the design and weight matches bontrager xxx bars exactly. They are not copies. Clearly oem.

ReactiveE

by ReactiveE

Registered at Dec 26 and generally asking about unknown brand in two threads?
This reminds me winspace advertisement few weeks ago.

Pierre86

by Pierre86

billychung wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:48 am
Seems its a big OEM factory for other well known brand, i am thinking to have a shot on them with the price, but i just want to ask some review before I go for it
They're actually pretty good bikes

They're the factories own bike brand, they also do all the Argon bikes and parts.
S6 Evo
S5 Aero

alanyu

by alanyu

I'm riding Pardus Spark rim brake, an ODM original designed for Foil but not picked up by them. The same geometry but different tube shape. The model is also rebranded by CIOCC and Tifosi.
Size 52 weights around 1050g frame + 380g fork (cut) + 180g seat tube. The frame weight is similar to Foil, not decent. It supports 28c tyre which is ++ to me. The riding quality is very comfortable. The designer said it aims at all-round aero, which seems to be exactly what Foil should be.
The brand is mainly focus on ODM in the field of the bike. The most famous brands they work with are Cervelo, Argon18 and Factor. The enterprise also produce a lot of other sports equipment. Its parent group is related with military.

billychung

by billychung

Probably I would like to buy a pardus, but there are not much any information around the internet or local user, hope that explains the recent registered date.

Thanks for the reply guys! seems the 28mm is a ++ for spark, i love the shape too!

Anyone tried super 5?

Thanks

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Before few comments ago, I almost pretty 80% sure that you'll be the first one on this board to have any experience in that unknown brand.
So either buy and give us review later. Contributing something to this board.
Or stick with other known brands reviewed in this board to play it safe.

But now seeing actual user chime in with experience. Maybe they are not so unknown afterall.

hannawald

by hannawald

I don't have any experience with Pardus but they are ridden by Czech UCI Continental team. For Super 5 there is review on youtube and i can find one in czech, you can try google translate.
https://www.roadcycling.cz/clanek/vyzko ... us-super-5

They say that the bike is stiff with quick handling. If you look at geometry chart for Super 5, it seems to me that the reach and wheelbase is a bit shorter than typical.

Lewn777

by Lewn777

Hexsense wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:45 pm
Before few comments ago, I almost pretty 80% sure that you'll be the first one on this board to have any experience in that unknown brand.
So either buy and give us review later. Contributing something to this board.
Or stick with other known brands reviewed in this board to play it safe.

But now seeing actual user chime in with experience. Maybe they are not so unknown afterall.
They are simply the Chinese house brand for a massive manufcaturer that also produces bikes for many other people. They will soon provide bikes for the Chinese national team in a move away from using Look bikes.

Mehdi

by Mehdi

Did anyone buy the spark 3 and what are the reviews on it. I am particularly interested in it too considering the price and specs

by Weenie