Campagnolo eps disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ferry

by Ferry

I am gathering parts to build a TCR advanced sl disc. I thought I had decided on a full Dura Ace 9170 Di2 disc groupset but I am also considering Campagnolo. However, I need discs because of the frame and I would like electronic shifting. I would like to stick with 11v.

So I was thinking to compile a groupset with individual parts, for example the H11 shifters (https://www.bike24.com/p2230075.html) and chorus or record derailleurs and chorus cranks. Are the Campagnolo 11v esp disc components compatible?

Miller

by Miller

The obvious thing to point out is that the Chorus connector is not the same as the Record/SR connector so out of the box you can't plug chorus EPS derailleurs into a v3 EPS setup, disc or otherwise. That's a teeny bit annoying when you can find chorus and athena EPS derailleurs for relatively cheap, eg at Merlin Cycles.

I have a bike running H11 disc EPS ergos with Chorus EPS derailleurs and the way I did that was to solder Record connectors onto a V2 Chorus interface unit so I could attach the H11 EPS shifters. It was a fiddly task but not over difficult and it does work properly. Clearly it would be simpler just to buy Record derailleurs.

The EPS/disc combination is lovely, btw.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

corky

by corky

This is where Campagnolo shoots itself in the foot...... if they made their levels compatible they would encourage brand loyalty and they’d sell more product....... just my opinion of course

Miller

by Miller

I wonder if they're having a rethink on EPS. The only EPS group currently offered is SR 12v disc which no doubt is fantastic but retails at close to £4k. Are they going to relaunch with a more affordable EPS group?

DaveS

by DaveS

Keep in mind that all 11 speed EPS components are not in current production, having been replaced by 12 speed EPS. While the 11 speed products can be found to buy, as dealers rid themselves of leftover stock, it may not be the wisest choice to buy at this point in time.

It also won't be long before The Dura Ace di2 11 speed becomes obsolete, as 12 speed is introduced (probably another year out). The new Di2 12 speed will most likely use the new microspline hub and cassette, too I'm sure that the Shimano group will cost less.

Hopefully, both brands will keep repair parts available for quite some time.

Ferry

by Ferry

Thanks for your replies. I am not great with solder, so rhat's not an option for me. Kind of strange and a shame Campagnolo eps is not interchangeable between the various levels.

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

What's the consensus on running EPS on the TCR? I have a 2017 TCR Advanced SL that I want to run 12S EPS with external interface. There was mention the frame ports are too small for the Campy wire connectors. Has anyone confirmed this? Did you drill out the holes if they were too small? The V4 power unit battery looks like it'll be a tight fit in the ISP.

barbaar

by barbaar

In addition to what's already been said:

H11 EPS disc shifters are really hard to find for a reasonable price. I would seriously reconsider. Either non EPS or upgrade to 12sp
Fuctor Ostro - Campy EPS SR Disc 12sp/P2M NG
Ridley R12 - Campy EPS Record 11sp/P2M NGEco
Thrust something - Campy Chorus/Record mechanical/P2M NGEco

No, that's not a typo

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

itsacarr

by itsacarr

In regards to the connector question. The rear and front derailleur ports need to be enlarged a hair yes.
Just ride ..