Best bottom bracket solution for Cannondale CAAD13 and Campag Ultratorque

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Karvalo

by Karvalo

c60rider wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:17 pm
In hindsight I should perhaps have gone with the 50s as the front end is a fraction high for me on the 52s but it's ok. Historically I've always had it in my head to go with the smallest frame you can get to fit you. So looking at the CAAD13 the 54cm seems to be a very close match to the 52s. So I'm going to go with a 51. I'm 1.79m (5ft 10 1/2) and the Cannondale guide suggests I should be looking at a 56! The seatpost is plenty long enough to cope and the front can be tweaked with a longer stem or small spacer. Although the head tube is much smaller on the CAAD that's a bit of a red herring because there's more clearance for bigger tyres so I always think head tube length is a poor measurement to compare. The reach difference between the 52s and 51 CAAD is just 6mm.
Sure, looking at headtube length is a bad idea these days. But looking at headtube length and trying to guess at how the fork length is going to compensate for it is an even worse idea. Both geometry charts have stack in them, just look at that instead.

In this case the 54 is 1cm lower than your 52s. The 51 is 3cm lower than the 52s and 12mm lower even than the 50s.

RowJimmy

by RowJimmy

I have a BBInfinite BB30a on my Synapse with Campy Chorus 11s. 3,000 miles of New England roads and weather, and it still works like a champ. BB is super stiff and no creaks. Plus, I must be honest, I like the red bling peeking out of the black frame.

@Aignen - Sorry to hear about the poor install of your local mechanic. Good luck with the home install. It's very doable. I installed mine myself (I like to mess around with bikes, especially my own). Gary from BBInfinite was very responsive to a few questions that surfaced for me during the install.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com