Farsports F1 Integrated Handlebar/Stem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

C36

by C36

flying wrote:
C36 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:03 pm

Obviously, nobody forced anyone but I rationally don’t get it... that’s cheaper, better specs than many of the high end option below...
Not to single you out C36 but that is not rational thinking either
But I see it a lot in specialty equipment especially cycling
(with their carbon aero bikes that cost more than a new Ducati)

Just because others are charging beyond what would logically be fair value for what is being sold/produced that does not now make one slightly lower
than that a better option.

But then again I accept....as always something is worth what someone is willing to pay :beerchug:
Fair enough and very valid point, resell cost are a fraction of manufacturing cost and when you have no sponsoring... your cost are reduced...
Now what is a better option in the 150-200$€ range. A month ago I was not aware of this bar, I may miss other options.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Beancouter

by Beancouter

To keep thread up to date, photo from insta of the Madone integration spacer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shpox

by Shpox

Noctiluxx wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:05 pm
Shpox wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:11 pm
Huh? The current Integrated Contact SLR is $578. Why would you think the much nicer replacement will be half the price?
Was reffering to the Farsports, not Contact SLR.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Shpox wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:09 pm
Noctiluxx wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:05 pm
Shpox wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:11 pm
Huh? The current Integrated Contact SLR is $578. Why would you think the much nicer replacement will be half the price?
Was reffering to the Farsports, not Contact SLR.
:thumbup:
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

AJS914

by AJS914

Since I started this price discusssion, I just want to say that I don't begrudge Farsports for getting what the market will bear.

Personally, I don't think any integrated bar is worth $500-600 or whatever the top brands charge.

My issue with the Farsports bar is that it's direct from China and thus is very hard to return if thee was an issue. I'm also not sure if their bar has passed any product tests required by the US or European brands. I'd need a much larger discount to deal with any issues that cropped up.

Shpox

by Shpox

$368 on taobao, but I don't think that includes the garmin mount and I'm uncertain about shipping.
Sent Windy an email to confirm some more info. They really need it up on their website. Photos below. They have a really nice mount for a TCR it seems.

Noctiluxx, could be a good alternative to that Giant bar.

C36

by C36

Shpox wrote:$368 on taobao, but I don't think that includes the garmin mount and I'm uncertain about shipping.
Sent Windy an email to confirm some more info. They really need it up on their website. Photos below. They have a really nice mount for a TCR it seems.

Noctiluxx, could be a good alternative to that Giant bar.
340$ / 304€ shipped to Europe with mount

flying

by flying

C36 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:37 pm
Fair enough and very valid point, resell cost are a fraction of manufacturing cost and when you have no sponsoring... your cost are reduced...
Now what is a better option in the 150-200$€ range. A month ago I was not aware of this bar, I may miss other options.
Sorry C36 I don't have any suggestions as I have not been in the market for this type of bar/stem
I think they look cool but stick to Alum for bars & Stems myself :wink:

kode54

by kode54

Without a frontal shot...its difficult to tell how much flare there is. Also, not that keen on the top cap...the integrated bar/stem is nice, but top cap looks like an after thought...and just placed on top without a seamless edge.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

These combos, they don't seem to work with a bit of steerer tube over the stem (spacer + top cap)
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

wheelsONfire wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:26 pm
These combos, they don't seem to work with a bit of steerer tube over the stem (spacer + top cap)
They work, just not with their top cap.
kode54 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:32 pm
Without a frontal shot...its difficult to tell how much flare there is. Also, not that keen on the top cap...the integrated bar/stem is nice, but top cap looks like an after thought...and just placed on top without a seamless edge.
It's a 2 cm difference from hoods to drops so about 3°.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

C36 wrote:
Robius wrote:
C36 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:06 pm
I may be speaking too fast since I haven’t received mine, but...
AJS914 wrote:I'd be very interested if it didn't have the bronze/gold strip and it was more like $150. $300 seems steep for a direct from China handlebar.
While I would agree on the gold colour, can’t agree on the pricetag or that would be applicable to all our “high end” carbon frames...
How I see it:
- first it’s not an open mould combo but a proprietary design
- no other bar that I know of have the same geometry features: very narrow options (smaller riders, female, or looking for aero) / all widths exist with all stem lengths (try to have a 380 x 110 in other combos) / flare (more personal but for sprinting its a must for me) / adjustable angle -7,-10,-13deg of you run a 1”1/8 direction / multiple entry and exit point for cable routing (tbc in practice) / custom spacers for the latest aero frames.
- stiffness has been measured higher than “150$/200$” pieces of heavier weight (“the one”, second generation based on Canyon design).

I would ask “why should I even consider 500$+ options” (Scott for example) that would be manufactured in the same place?
ruklaw wrote:Might be a natural next step but there's still plenty of sub $100 options on AliExpress to take a chance on, for $300 I could get a decent stem and branded carbon bars locally.
Now, I may have a terrible deception once I receive it but those options are not even remotely comparable to this specific option.

Well, the only two combos that are "direct sales" would be Canyon and Farsports.
If the other options were direct sales, prices would be lower.

I also wonder, if you don't cut your steerer tube, that is, if it extends over the stem, what top cap would you use the avoid the gap around the cap and stem?
It seems if would be gaps gathering water, dirt and dust!?

Well specs are nice but that doesn't justify the price tag tho. I think it should be around 200$. There are really high quality frames at around 400$.
Obviously, nobody forced anyone but I rationally don’t get it... that’s cheaper, better specs than many of the high end option bellow...

Pro combo 360€ / 415g
Ritchey combo 400€ / 370g
Vision 5d 450-500€ / 440 g
Canyon combo 350€ / 350g

Pro Vibe handlebar, 270€ / 210g
3t aero nova 320€ / 220g
ENVE ses 400€ / 275g

The only reason it is not in the €400 plus it’s because of the name...

Edit: obviously, only relevant if geometry suits you...

Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

C36 wrote:
Robius wrote:
C36 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:06 pm
I may be speaking too fast since I haven’t received mine, but...
AJS914 wrote:I'd be very interested if it didn't have the bronze/gold strip and it was more like $150. $300 seems steep for a direct from China handlebar.
While I would agree on the gold colour, can’t agree on the pricetag or that would be applicable to all our “high end” carbon frames...
How I see it:
- first it’s not an open mould combo but a proprietary design
- no other bar that I know of have the same geometry features: very narrow options (smaller riders, female, or looking for aero) / all widths exist with all stem lengths (try to have a 380 x 110 in other combos) / flare (more personal but for sprinting its a must for me) / adjustable angle -7,-10,-13deg of you run a 1”1/8 direction / multiple entry and exit point for cable routing (tbc in practice) / custom spacers for the latest aero frames.
- stiffness has been measured higher than “150$/200$” pieces of heavier weight (“the one”, second generation based on Canyon design).

I would ask “why should I even consider 500$+ options” (Scott for example) that would be manufactured in the same place?
ruklaw wrote:Might be a natural next step but there's still plenty of sub $100 options on AliExpress to take a chance on, for $300 I could get a decent stem and branded carbon bars locally.
Now, I may have a terrible deception once I receive it but those options are not even remotely comparable to this specific option.

Well specs are nice but that doesn't justify the price tag tho. I think it should be around 200$. There are really high quality frames at around 400$.
Obviously, nobody forced anyone but I rationally don’t get it... that’s cheaper, better specs than many of the high end option bellow...

Pro combo 360€ / 415g
Ritchey combo 400€ / 370g
Vision 5d 450-500€ / 440 g
Canyon combo 350€ / 350g

Pro Vibe handlebar, 270€ / 210g
3t aero nova 320€ / 220g
ENVE ses 400€ / 275g

The only reason it is not in the €400 plus it’s because of the name...

Edit: obviously, only relevant if geometry suits you...

Well, the only two combos that are "direct sales" would be Canyon and Farsports.
If the other options were direct sales, prices would be lower.

I also wonder, if you don't cut your steerer tube, that is, if it extends over the stem, what top cap would you use the avoid the gap around the cap and stem?
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

wheelsONfire wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:30 pm
Any top cap will do as the spacers you would need to have above the stem would hide that gap, most spacers have an outer diameter that's bigger than 1 1/4" so it would sit against the stem itself, dust, dirt and water wouldn't go there... well, not go there anymore than if you had the top cap against the stem or with any 1 1/8" stem.

Ypuh

by Ypuh

I find these bars very sexy but (slightly) too expensive.

Just asking for a friend; since narrower bars are all cool and hip, how much does/should the reach change when switching from 440x100mm to 420x1X0mm? Should you stick with the 100mm or upsize to 110mm?

And these bars flare out in the drops, so 420mm is C-C on the shifters and the drops remain 440mm?
Cervelo S3 - 7.3kg
Time ADHX - 8.7kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com