Farsports F1 Integrated Handlebar/Stem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

flying

by flying

Beancouter wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:07 pm
On the Scott addict RC (2020), I’ve got 2 options:
1) aluminium bar and stem -‘600g
2) Carbon one piece, 340g - £500 and stock not due until Feb (which is a bit odd given They are selling bikes!)
Boy that is a heavy example of a alum bar & stem no?

My Fizik R3 Cyrano Alum bar & Kalloy alum stem = 359grams

brusselsprouts

by brusselsprouts

Price is higher than I expected; however, it looks well designed and quality. I may consider this for my next build.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Beancouter

by Beancouter

As an FYI, I have been emailing kyle at far sports and he is telling me it won’t work with the addict. I am not entirely sure why but he suggests it is due to the internal routing. This doesn’t make sense to me as the cable exit ports appear to be in the right place.

My plan had been to buy the bars and use an interim solution on the spacers until they had developed custom ones but now May have to go with the OEM Creston.

I am still not convinced he is right and may just take a chance and resell if they don’t work. I could just really do with a decent picture of the integration parts for the Focus....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksavostin

by ksavostin

Does anyone know does he have or planning to make cap for new venge ?

alanyu

by alanyu

Beancouter wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:52 am
As an FYI, I have been emailing kyle at far sports and he is telling me it won’t work with the addict. I am not entirely sure why but he suggests it is due to the internal routing. This doesn’t make sense to me as the cable exit ports appear to be in the right place.

My plan had been to buy the bars and use an interim solution on the spacers until they had developed custom ones but now May have to go with the OEM Creston.

I am still not convinced he is right and may just take a chance and resell if they don’t work. I could just really do with a decent picture of the integration parts for the Focus....

The reason they can offer special spacers for trek, cannondale, etc. is that chinese buyers send them the headset, by which they make the special spacers. If anyone can send them any kind, they can do so.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Funnily enough, I was going to offer to send one!

Maybe I will do that and she what they say...

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

icantaffordcycling wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:19 pm
So.... how much flare is there on these things?
They are 2 cm wider at the drops than the hoods, measured sizes are center to center at the hoods.

As far as pricing/value goes, I would compare these more to big name brands than no name brands. They're not cheap but their design, manufacturing quality and specs justify it IMO. Even if you forget the price, they compare, even quite favorably, to most big name, high end bar-stem combos on the market. Lighter than most, more available sizes than most, better looking than most (I'm looking at you Vision) and according to tests, stiffness that's just in that sweetspot of stiff but not so stiff that they're beating you up. So when compared to Vision, Deda, Pro, Black Inc and such, the price is actually pretty attractive.

Shpox

by Shpox

Can I ask is the gopro mounted bonded on or is it screw mounted from the underside? I use a Fly12 and really cannot withstand the underscrew mounts as its too heavy.

These bars looks great but wondering what they are in AUD. The contact SLR bar for the new tcr/defy is likely going to be a lot cheaper than this is the price of $300 is US.

Having said that and you'll find plenty of bar only options from the like of enve and zipp that START at $500 without the stem combo.

Robius

by Robius

C36 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:06 pm
I may be speaking too fast since I haven’t received mine, but...
AJS914 wrote:I'd be very interested if it didn't have the bronze/gold strip and it was more like $150. $300 seems steep for a direct from China handlebar.
While I would agree on the gold colour, can’t agree on the pricetag or that would be applicable to all our “high end” carbon frames...
How I see it:
- first it’s not an open mould combo but a proprietary design
- no other bar that I know of have the same geometry features: very narrow options (smaller riders, female, or looking for aero) / all widths exist with all stem lengths (try to have a 380 x 110 in other combos) / flare (more personal but for sprinting its a must for me) / adjustable angle -7,-10,-13deg of you run a 1”1/8 direction / multiple entry and exit point for cable routing (tbc in practice) / custom spacers for the latest aero frames.
- stiffness has been measured higher than “150$/200$” pieces of heavier weight (“the one”, second generation based on Canyon design).

I would ask “why should I even consider 500$+ options” (Scott for example) that would be manufactured in the same place?
ruklaw wrote:Might be a natural next step but there's still plenty of sub $100 options on AliExpress to take a chance on, for $300 I could get a decent stem and branded carbon bars locally.
Now, I may have a terrible deception once I receive it but those options are not even remotely comparable to this specific option.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Well specs are nice but that doesn't justify the price tag tho. I think it should be around 200$. There are really high quality frames at around 400$.
2016 Felt AR2 Di2
Retired:
2017 Giant TCR Pro 2
2015 Cannondale Synapse 6

C36

by C36

Robius wrote:
C36 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:06 pm
I may be speaking too fast since I haven’t received mine, but...
AJS914 wrote:I'd be very interested if it didn't have the bronze/gold strip and it was more like $150. $300 seems steep for a direct from China handlebar.
While I would agree on the gold colour, can’t agree on the pricetag or that would be applicable to all our “high end” carbon frames...
How I see it:
- first it’s not an open mould combo but a proprietary design
- no other bar that I know of have the same geometry features: very narrow options (smaller riders, female, or looking for aero) / all widths exist with all stem lengths (try to have a 380 x 110 in other combos) / flare (more personal but for sprinting its a must for me) / adjustable angle -7,-10,-13deg of you run a 1”1/8 direction / multiple entry and exit point for cable routing (tbc in practice) / custom spacers for the latest aero frames.
- stiffness has been measured higher than “150$/200$” pieces of heavier weight (“the one”, second generation based on Canyon design).

I would ask “why should I even consider 500$+ options” (Scott for example) that would be manufactured in the same place?
ruklaw wrote:Might be a natural next step but there's still plenty of sub $100 options on AliExpress to take a chance on, for $300 I could get a decent stem and branded carbon bars locally.
Now, I may have a terrible deception once I receive it but those options are not even remotely comparable to this specific option.

Well specs are nice but that doesn't justify the price tag tho. I think it should be around 200$. There are really high quality frames at around 400$.
Obviously, nobody forced anyone but I rationally don’t get it... that’s cheaper, better specs than many of the high end option bellow...

Pro combo 360€ / 415g
Ritchey combo 400€ / 370g
Vision 5d 450-500€ / 440 g
Canyon combo 350€ / 350g

Pro Vibe handlebar, 270€ / 210g
3t aero nova 320€ / 220g
ENVE ses 400€ / 275g

The only reason it is not in the €400 plus it’s because of the name...

Edit: obviously, only relevant if geometry suits you...

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Also in the $200 camp here. I think this is price $100 too expensive.

Wait for other OEMs to follow suit and the competition ensues. Matter of fact start asking others and send this link, they just might get on it ASAP.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Shpox wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:11 pm
Can I ask is the gopro mounted bonded on or is it screw mounted from the underside? I use a Fly12 and really cannot withstand the underscrew mounts as its too heavy.

These bars looks great but wondering what they are in AUD. The contact SLR bar for the new tcr/defy is likely going to be a lot cheaper than this is the price of $300 is US.

Having said that and you'll find plenty of bar only options from the like of enve and zipp that START at $500 without the stem combo.
Huh? The current Integrated Contact SLR is $578. Why would you think the much nicer replacement will be half the price?
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

ruklaw

by ruklaw

I can get the Giant Contact SLR integrated for £254 which is about $330 USD - https://winstanleysbikes.co.uk/giant-co ... d-bar-stem

Obviously if I end up paying import duty on the farsports that does make it more expensive, and warranty is also a bit more of a worry/complicated.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

ruklaw wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:22 pm
I can get the Giant Contact SLR integrated for £254 which is about $330 USD - https://winstanleysbikes.co.uk/giant-co ... d-bar-stem

Obviously if I end up paying import duty on the farsports that does make it more expensive, and warranty is also a bit more of a worry/complicated.
Well the integrated handlebar is about to be discontinued, hence the massive discount. The replacement will no doubt retail close to $600. By the way, the new Giant integrated bar will weight around the same (around 340 grams) as the FarSport but retail close to double the price.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

flying

by flying

C36 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:03 pm

Obviously, nobody forced anyone but I rationally don’t get it... that’s cheaper, better specs than many of the high end option below...
Not to single you out C36 but that is not rational thinking either
But I see it a lot in specialty equipment especially cycling
(with their carbon aero bikes that cost more than a new Ducati)

Just because others are charging beyond what would logically be fair value for what is being sold/produced that does not now make one slightly lower
than that a better option.

But then again I accept....as always something is worth what someone is willing to pay :beerchug: