Farsports F1 Integrated Handlebar/Stem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

brentvelo

by brentvelo

Not to open a can of worms here but.... I wonder how the Winspace bar/stem compares to the Farsports??

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

patchsurfer

by patchsurfer

Does anyone have any experience of the Yeoleo bar?

backdoor

by backdoor

seamaster76 wrote:@backdoor thanks for pics and review.

I was wondering if I could mount it on my Ridley Noah Fast Disc with mechanical Campagnolo 12 speed.

Cables are all inside the 4za integrated bar, I would consider to buy it only if I could hold the same setup up.

Cheers.

The exit holes for the cables on the Farsports bars are not internal but right under the stem before it meets the steerer tube (see pics) There are only 2 holes and I think you would struggle to squeeze 2 mechanical cables through each hole.

And even if you could route the 4 cables through the 2 holes you'd have to figure out how to run them into the steerer.

My understanding is that the Ridley Noah Fast system runs the cables through the stem directly into the d-shaped steerer tube/spacers and down through the headset into the fork/frame.

If this is incorrect and the cables are routed external of the stem/steerer let me know. I have not seen the Ridley Noah Fast system up close.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Through the Valleys and over the Mountains...
2013 Ridley Helium - 6.9Kg
2017 Blue ProSecco - 9.0Kg
2018 Ridley Noah SL - 7.85Kg

backdoor

by backdoor

brentvelo wrote:Not to open a can of worms here but.... I wonder how the Winspace bar/stem compares to the Farsports
Theres a video review on you tube here -
https://youtu.be/LpKGwUU9_4M

sunfire2k5

by sunfire2k5

seamaster76 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:21 pm
@backdoor thanks for pics and review.

I was wondering if I could mount it on my Ridley Noah Fast Disc with mechanical Campagnolo 12 speed.

Cables are all inside the 4za integrated bar, I would consider to buy it only if I could hold the same setup up.

Cheers.
Hi!

Not compatible out of the box.. you will need to drill out some carbon to get the cables from the steerer tube in to the stem. Probably not recommended for safety issues. F1 has the "internal cables holes" in front of the steerer tube.. could probably send an inquiry about Farsports making the F1 stem "open" for internal cables?

BR
FOIL 20 w/DA 9270 + ENVE 60/67 2023 wheels - GP 5000TR S 28MM
Ridley GRIFN, 105 Di2 12s + Nextie AGX45 (40mm wide) aerogravel wheels - Terra Speed 45mm

Lozaen

by Lozaen

@seamaster
Why would you want to exchange the 4ZA in the first place?
It is already fully internal routing. Geoemtry, weight, something different?

I contacted Farsports recently and asked if the Handlebar would work with the BMC SLR 01, last years model, fully internal cables. I was told, that so far they don't have the right adapters.
I saw on this thread that someone made the transition on a SLR02, but with external cable routing. So it seems that so far, the Farsports Handlebar, despite some rumors, doesn't work with the SLR01 or other BMC bikes with integrtated cables :(
Interested in buying Carbonsport Lightweight wheels with broken spokes.

BMC Teammachine SLR01 Disc Team 2018|Ridley Helium | Kuota Kross|Cannondale Scalpel 29 Hi-Mod

sunfire2k5

by sunfire2k5

just recieved mine:

400 / 110mm version. 348grams for the handlebar and garmin + gopro mount + screws 39g
Ridley GRIFN, 105 Di2 12s + Nextie AGX45 (40mm wide) aerogravel wheels - Terra Speed 45mm

seamaster76

by seamaster76

@backdoor
@sunfire2k5

Thanks for the replies, everything’s clear now.

@Lozaen
I was considering the F1 primary because it’s half the price of 4ZA, and also because it’s almost impossible to order through my Dealer...don’t known why

I’m struggling with 420/110 when I’d need a 420/100.

backdoor

by backdoor

seamaster76 wrote:@backdoor
@sunfire2k5

@Lozaen
I was considering the F1 primary because it’s half the price of 4ZA, and also because it’s almost impossible to order through my Dealer...don’t known why

Yeah I am looking to order some Ridley aftermarket parts and nothing is available (Handlebars, Forks, parts an pieces) and am being told just keep checking back.

That 420/110 on the Noah Fast seems to be the standard and it's been difficult to find any other sizes from 4ZA/Ridley. Gotta keep an eye on ebay ;)

fizzaz

by fizzaz

patchsurfer wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:39 pm
I have one on order but I have no idea when the hell it will deliver

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

patchsurfer wrote:Does anyone have any experience of the Yeoleo bar?
I was interested it this one more than farposrts, it looks so much better, reviews are good and the price is lower.

Marcel23

by Marcel23

My handlebar has arrived without the stem bolts, anyone know which are the measures of both parts?
I've written to Farsports but as I guess it will take a few days/weeks until they shipment arrives, I'll try to find them here...
Thanks

erodus

by erodus

fizzaz wrote:
patchsurfer wrote:
I ordered one Yeoleo bar on Oct 21 last year and they shipped on Dec 4th; about a week later it was delivered to my address.
From the outside the bar looks nice and well finished, mine is a 400/90 and weighted 390 gr; I expected lighter.
As for the installation, it was a bit of a challenge; the internal passages seemed to have obstructions and it was not that easy to route the brake cables and Di2 wires. One of the stem bolts also gave me some trouble; the thread in the nut was not smooth and damaged the thread on the bolt. I have installed other bars with internal routing with no issues at all; this one was definitely a challenge.
Other than this it is a nice bar.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fizzaz

by fizzaz

erodus wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:33 am
fizzaz wrote:
patchsurfer wrote:
I ordered one Yeoleo bar on Oct 21 last year and they shipped on Dec 4th; about a week later it was delivered to my address.
From the outside the bar looks nice and well finished, mine is a 400/90 and weighted 390 gr; I expected lighter.
As for the installation, it was a bit of a challenge; the internal passages seemed to have obstructions and it was not that easy to route the brake cables and Di2 wires. One of the stem bolts also gave me some trouble; the thread in the nut was not smooth and damaged the thread on the bolt. I have installed other bars with internal routing with no issues at all; this one was definitely a challenge.
Other than this it is a nice bar.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's not bad. I'm just over two weeks for mine and no update despite "We are still manufacturing". Hoping I'll see it by February, but my experience with overseas stuff recently has been subpar at best.

sunfire2k5

by sunfire2k5

seamaster76 wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:12 pm
@backdoor
@sunfire2k5

@Lozaen

A guy here in Norway sells a 400/100... about 290 eur used.

https://www.finn.no/194424169

Finn.no is our ebay...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com