Farsports F1 Integrated Handlebar/Stem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

refthimos

by refthimos

I got my Farsports F1 bar/stem today. I ordered on Nov 27 and today is Dec 23, so took almost 4 weeks to arrive here in Los Angeles. Maybe future orders will go out quicker as Farsports builds up its stock.

Package arrived in a very sturdy outer box, and upon opening, this nice Christmas card was inside:

The packaging is also well done:

Everything was well protected and padded:

The graphics on the F1 are very nice, the gold is fairly muted, classy, maybe more like a bronze tone. In my case, it's going to be painted red to match my frameset (I'll update and link here to the build when I start the build thread), and it's something of a shame because this is a very good looking bar/stem out of the box. This photo really doesn't do justice so the graphics:

As you can see from the photo above, Farsports was also kind enough to ship with the Garmin / GoPro mount already attached, but that came off for the scale and the painter. Weight is impressive at 309.2g:

Specs are printed on the underside of the stem:

Weight of the metal Garmin / GoPro combo mount is 40.0g:

[Coincidentally, the new Deda Alanera DCR bar / stem came in today as well, in 44cm / 110mm (Deda measures width outside-outside), and the Deda is much heavier at 375.7g. But the Deda if for the SystemSix, and if the extra weight means it's super stiff for sprinting, that's perfect for me. We'll see!]
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

AJS914

by AJS914

Did you order through that Chinese site? Or, can one order from one of the regular reps like Kyle?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Thanks for the post - what’s at you putting them on?

Any initial thoughts on how hard it would be to do full internal routing of disc hoses all the way back to the holes by the steerer tube? It looks really to tight me (2 hoses plus Di2 cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Hmm, the Farsports has a really sharp bend from tops to ramps. That’s one thing I don’t like about my Bontrager XXX bars/stem. 73mm reach is nice though.

cajer

by cajer

What bike are you running this on? Is it one with an integrated front end? As I know they have spacers that's allows it to integrate with Madone SLRs and a few other bikes, but the cable routing looks terrible. As how are you gonna easier thread cables through the holes near the stem, and where would a di2 wire go?

Frankie13

by Frankie13

Nice bar combo! Will this fit Canyon's oversized steer tub? Thanks a lot in advance and happy holiday's.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

I'd like to see that combo in a side view, shifter (one is enogh) mounted on a bike.
What i look for is bar to shifter flow and if the bar is horizontal mounted, or dipping forward (don't like that).
Best flow i have encountered is from old Easton Aero EC90SL bars. The bend where shifters mount is simply awesome.
Last edited by Frankie - B on Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed the quote
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

refthimos

by refthimos

The F1 will be going on an EVO3 with Di2, so no mechanical cables to be found and thus challenging cable routing won't be an issue for me. The stem clamp is 1 1/4" and includes reducing sleeves to use with a 1 1/8" steer tube.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Many thanks - does that mean the hydraulic routing should be straightforward?

Oh, and Does the sleeve which lines the steerer slide out of is it bonded?

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

That's a great weight for an integrated cockpit that's not a wet noodle like the Bontrager XXX. Should be under 300gr in my 380x100mm size. :thumbup:

spartan

by spartan

can you post pics/weight of the reducing sleeve. did you order the headset/spacer kit for the evo?
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

tnkn

by tnkn

Nice looking bars! Where did you order from and do you know if there's an option without the stripe?

Beancouter

by Beancouter

I’ve been dealing with :

sales3@farsports.cn
Sales2@farsports.cn (Kyle)

I asked about colours and they said gold only.

jencvo

by jencvo

How flexy are the bars? I got some carbon bars from China and they are pretty soft. I couldn't get any movement whatsoever from alloy Bontrager bars. Also, please send a photo of them mounted!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

C36

by C36

jencvo wrote:How flexy are the bars? I got some carbon bars from China and they are pretty soft. I couldn't get any movement whatsoever from alloy Bontrager bars. Also, please send a photo of them mounted!
Very nice report here with stiffness lab test
viewtopic.php?t=159692
A bit softer than the heavy vision 5d (that is tested in smaller size, like canyon they offer 39/41/43cm rather than 40/42/44) and quite stiffer than other options heavier (canyon inspiration model 40gr heavier)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Last edited by C36 on Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.