Farsports F1 Integrated Handlebar/Stem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

recoilfx

by recoilfx

So when my Garmin edge 530 is mounted on the GPS mount that came with the bar, it doesn't sit flush with the top of the stem. The GPS sits higher, and at an angle too.

That bothered me, so I made my own mount. Well, now that it's flush in height and closer to the bar too, I assume it's more aero :)

You can download and print your own here:
https://www.printables.com/model/247984 ... -gps-mount

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kmhuns

by kmhuns

Has anyone been able to install this on a MY2018-2019 BMC Teammachine SLR01 with the fully integrated/internally routed headset? Would love to see how it looks with the conversion spacer and the normal ICS spacers. On Farsports website it looks like they are saying that its only compatible with MY2020+ on the Teammachine but I am unclear what differences there are between the MY2019 & MY2020 that would prohibit the F1 bar from working with the MY2018-19. Thanks in advance.

C36

by C36

recoilfx wrote:So when my Garmin edge 530 is mounted on the GPS mount that came with the bar, it doesn't sit flush with the top of the stem. The GPS sits higher, and at an angle too.

That bothered me, so I made my own mount. Well, now that it's flush in height and closer to the bar too, I assume it's more aero :)

You can download and print your own here:
https://www.printables.com/model/247984 ... -gps-mount
That’s something I was looking to make (but for wahoo bolt) but never found enough spare time… how did you measured the contact-surface with the bar?

Supersix evo2 HM - 5.9 stiff-aero version, 5.6kg light specs.

recoilfx

by recoilfx

I just winged it lol. Took several tries. It's not completely flat (maybe 1-2 degrees rise), but much better than the original. Been running this for over a year so I know it's solid. 18-20g (including Garmin plastic insert) if I remember correctly.

Deihlos91

by Deihlos91

Deihlos91 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:43 am
Hello together,
anybody in Europe selling a F1 handlbar in the size 100/400mm or 100/42mm?
If yes, please send me a PN, I am looking for buying one.
Thank you very much!
A last try.
Anybody selling a handlebar at the moment?
Thanks!
Allround:
Elilee Blize XXE 24 Carbon Raw L Custom-6340g
Sunday:
Colnago V3Rs 22 (RCRD) 54s Custom-6890g
BW/Travel:
Cannondale Synapse 20 Hi Mod 56 Custom-7200g
Old:
Specialized SWorks Aethos Jet Fuel 56 Custom-6060g

ry5n

by ry5n

A little birdy suggested there might be a new version of the F1 before the end of 2022. I actually really like the long stem/short bar reach geometry of the current design. In case this changes, I’m tempted to pick one up now. But I’ll be kicking myself if the geo stays the same and the update is just a nicer/lighter version. Anyone have details they can share?

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

ry5n wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:23 am
A little birdy suggested there might be a new version of the F1 before the end of 2022. I actually really like the long stem/short bar reach geometry of the current design. In case this changes, I’m tempted to pick one up now. But I’ll be kicking myself if the geo stays the same and the update is just a nicer/lighter version. Anyone have details they can share?
New product announcement on the 23rd. They already launched their '23 wheels, so hopefully the cockpit is next.

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

'23 Farsports F1s

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

I'm surprised that they list the XR4 as a compatible frame

The Oltre fork lacks holes so the front brake hose needs to be routed up the steerer like so

The F1s certainly doesn't look like it can support that kind of routing

EDIT: Farsports support got back to me, they said that 'XR4' refers to the rim brake model

youngs_modulus

by youngs_modulus

My clumsy translation tools suggest a claimed 4% reduction in drag, which is trivial enough that it doesn't matter whether it's true.

It seems most of the claimed improvement is in stiffness and strength, or at least that's my understanding. The 325-gram weight is unchanged...I hope Farsports has tweaked their manufacturing process to keep actual weights close to what's claimed and to have less variation between samples.

Those slides also mention an MSRP of ¥1898. That converts to about US $266. That would be an exciting price—US buyers often pay $400 for the current bar.

I saw a Thai reseller's F1s unboxing photos on Facebook. That post mentioned a price of 11,900 baht, which works out to about US $315. It sounds like the F1s really might be priced lower than the F1, though I can't guess how much.

If this is a stiffer, stronger bar that's consistently close to it's claimed weight and priced 10%-30% less than the current model, that's fantastic news. As always, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

youngs_modulus

by youngs_modulus

Here's a link to that Thai reseller's Facebook post:

https://m.facebook.com/zienbikeChan/pos ... 733700387/

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

youngs_modulus wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:27 pm

F1s box but old F1 bar pictured

You can tell them apart by the computer mount, new one looks like this

The decals have also been changed from gold to silver

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Agreed, that's a fantastic price in Thailand, especially that Thai Baht value vs USD is plummetting right now. It was ~32 baht per usd earlier this year. Now it is about 37 baht per usd... ouch.

If we look at China yuan to USA though, it was 6.3 yuan per usd in April. Now it is 7.1 yuan per usd. So... actually, maybe the USD is stronger than ever and we can expect lower price for items import from China?

ry5n

by ry5n

Interesting that the current F1 lists 325 g for 420 × 100, but those screen caps show 325 g for 400 × 100. Hopefully that means a real-world 325, and the new one isn’t even heavier.

The geometry numbers are also a bit of a head-scratcher. F1s at 75 reach vs F1 at 73, and 1 mm difference in drop. That’s close enough I still believe the geo hasn’t changed but the discrepancy is 🤔

I don’t suppose there are any scale drawings of the new version kicking around?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

youngs_modulus

by youngs_modulus

StiffWeenies wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:31 pm
youngs_modulus wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:27 pm