Farsports F1 Integrated Handlebar/Stem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

peted76

by peted76

As someone else said.. choices are very limited if looking for an integrated 38mm 110mm with a short reach.. I'd pretty much given up and was settled on the Pro-Vibe bars and separate stem but had stalled as the only reason to replace my existing Zipp Aero SL70's was to get DI2 mounted in the bar ends..
Now it seems I have a new answer!
Any chance of some more pics of these please? front on and side on?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

1sanglier

by 1sanglier

I also looking for picture of F1 on F12.
Thanks

rsantos450

by rsantos450

Picture of Tarmac SL6 ;)

alanyu

by alanyu

Some pictures from Farsports' weibo.
Attachments
img-8f3e2ed66acd8f1425db17cdffcab3e6.jpg
img-17d5e69acda0a36a2728eb265ff90e70.jpg
img-b843824e2854f771327a2e6560a8a10f.jpg

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

On a Focus Izalco Max:

On a Cannondale SuperSix Evo:

I received mine this week, quite pleased with it. I have/had Syncros/Scott and FSA/Vision integrated bars and the finish and manufacturing quality of the Farsports is as good, if not better IMO. Plus, it's much lighter, available in more sizes, cheaper... Personally, I find the fit (angle/tilt of the bars, reach, flare) much better as well and they look a lot cleaner, slicker more modern, but that's all very subjective.

I got a 380x100 size, I don't have a precise scale to check, but I suspect they're under 300gr given the weight posted by refthimos for a 420x120 and I got the SuperSix Evo specific 3D printed spacer as well (5mm stack, same as the old Evo's thin alloy bearing cover, the Evo pictured above has that spacer plus 1 7mm Cannondale spacer, so it can be more slammed than that one). The top cap I received is a more generic round one, not the shaped one in the Farsports pictures, I wasn't planning to use it anyway, I will stick with the much lighter Cannondale compression plug and top cap.

As already mentionned, the Garmin mount is a well designed, solid, stiff alloy structure, the GoPro mount underneath is also made of alloy and to answer someone's question, is removable (probably weighs at least 10gr) and the Garmin insert uses the same mounting bolt pattern as the easy to source K-Edge inserts, so you could also use it with Wahoo, Lezyne, Sigma, Omata and most computers.

I won't have the frameset to install these for a little while so I can't confirm how hard it is to route wires/hoses through them, the two holes above the headset are not big so it will be tight, the Di2 wire heads probably can't fit through if a brake hose has already been fed, so I would start with the wiring before the brake lines. I will also have to be careful with the hose lengths, being fully internal, I'll probably add a bit of slack in the downtube to have enough wiggle room to easily take the bars off for traveling and to clean the headset bearings from time to time without having to disconnect the hydraulic hoses...

Mep

by Mep

What is up with the top cap? It looks like a completely separate part that doesn't really fit. And it sounds like you could actually receive a round one instead? That's really weird.

Robius

by Robius

That top cap is such a deal breaker.
2016 Felt AR2 Di2
Retired:
2017 Giant TCR Pro 2
2015 Cannondale Synapse 6

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

I don't really get the big fuss about the top cap... but anyway, I think it actually looks better with a normal round cap.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Are the gold stripes somehow removable?
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

N1720

by N1720

@Dan Generous
Some people have modified the cable routing on their Super Six to be fully internal, even with mechanical shifiting. I haven't seen it done using this bar and stem (yet). Could you check if the size of the holes above the headset allows brake hoses and 4 or 5 mm shift cable outers to be routed internally?

Mep

by Mep

Yeah it does look better with a round top cap, but still odd. I was seriously considering this handlebar but it honestly can't be considered a premium product with such a glaring flaw. To my eyes, the break in a smooth line is jarring. After all it's supposed to be aerodynamic. That said, kudos to Farsports for the wide variety of sizes and bike compatibility. This is what the market will increasingly need, so I hope the product stays in their lineup and brings an improved 2.0 in the future.

kode54

by kode54

same. looks like an afterthought. Maybe the AbsoluteBlack one piece top cap will fit and may streamline the look a bit.
Mep wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:54 pm
Yeah it does look better with a round top cap, but still odd. I was seriously considering this handlebar but it honestly can't be considered a premium product with such a glaring flaw. To my eyes, the break in a smooth line is jarring. After all it's supposed to be aerodynamic. That said, kudos to Farsports for the wide variety of sizes and bike compatibility. This is what the market will increasingly need, so I hope the product stays in their lineup and brings an improved 2.0 in the future.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

kode54 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:16 pm
same. looks like an afterthought. Maybe the AbsoluteBlack one piece top cap will fit and may streamline the look a bit.
Mep wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:54 pm
Thing is, the stem is actually 1 1/4 so many top caps for 1 1/8 are just soooo close to the edge, too much between pushing down the stem itself or pushing down the shim only... Are their any light 1 1/4 top caps around? For Giants/Scotts/Canyons?

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

N1720 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:13 am
@Dan Generous
Some people have modified the cable routing on their Super Six to be fully internal, even with mechanical shifiting. I haven't seen it done using this bar and stem (yet). Could you check if the size of the holes above the headset allows brake hoses and 4 or 5 mm shift cable outers to be routed internally?
I'll check when I get home... I doubt it will work though... and if it does, mechanical cables don't like sharp bends which would be unavoidable if going fully internal from those holes, I think shifting would suffer.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Maybe a slightly odd request (!) but would someone be able to do an outline with a couple of measurements of the bottom of the stem.

I am trying to work out how different it is compared to the integration parts on the addict RC.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com