Comparative evaluation of four integrated handlebars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jj911c2

by jj911c2

Nice work doing the analysis and writing it up - thank you!

tonchy

by tonchy

I'd also like to know, where a persom from Europe could purchase Farsports F1.
Did some research already, no success.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Excellent review.........thorough and well written. Thank you!
Never cheer before you know who is winning

Nautiboy

by Nautiboy

kiritozhang wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:51 am
I am from China and I am a neutral bike editor and bike fitter.
My English is not very good. Some words may be wrong. I hope to receive your forgiveness and correction.
If you like my article, I thank you.
Hi Zhang, It takes effort, time and most importantly HEART to put up any review. You spent your own cash and non-bias approach is :thumbup:

I personally use a few high-end Bar and Stem combo (MCFK, Schmolke, Zipp n etc) all these years and always end up settling for Zipp SL Sprint stem and SL70 Aero Bar combo - is my all-time favourite....Till I held the Vision Metro 5D in my hand for the 1st time. I still remember the feeling when I first unboxed it, holding it in my hands - the feeling of a very very solid built carbon fiber integrated combo, it just felt so sturdy and strong. We all know Zipp SL Sprint is already 1 of the stiffest in all stems (used by PS, Mark C. n etc) and yet this Vision made the Zipp Combo felt like kids play. And I know I just need to make it slightly more special by custom paint it......

My personal review on the 5D is that -

+++ This is a very well built, sturdy (no flex whatsoever) and aerodynamically slick combo. The forward sweep and outward flare of the drops just make it a bar whereby you can use it in all situations. The supplied accessories especially the mounting is alarming well-built too - it is very hard plastic and zero flex even if you go over creaky roads, the Garmin will be steady display without any vibration.

- - - Since it is integrated with fixed stem angle, length and width, Buyer must know their BikeFit very well before buying it. You must also cater for the forward sweep angle for the Bar's Reach and compensate with a shorter stem length selection.

Here is a pic of my setup.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 9.10.10 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 9.10.23 AM.png

kiritozhang

by kiritozhang

tonchy wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:19 pm
I'd also like to know, where a persom from Europe could purchase Farsports F1.
Did some research already, no success.
They have not yet been officially released in countries other than China. I think you can try to contact them on Instagram. Someone used to complete a transaction in this way.

kiritozhang

by kiritozhang

micky wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:57 pm
Interesting review.

How's your Niu (b) Aero bike going?
Any review on it?
There are already Chinese reviews. If anyone wants to see it, I can find time to translate it into English and share it.

kiritozhang

by kiritozhang

Beancouter wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:51 am
Yes / thanks for the write up. If anyone manages to find a link to the farsports bar on the WWW, can you please share it.

Would be interested for my Scott addict.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.instagram.com/farsportscomponent/
Maybe try contacting them on Instagram to buy it.

kiritozhang

by kiritozhang

yinya wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:45 pm
Also interested in the “One” given the price. Anybody know if the HBR06 from lightcarbon is the same (reliable) thing?

Sorry for the slow response. Because the factory only responded today. HBR06 is proven to be their product and can be purchased and warranted. Because of trademark and styling issues, it is an unbranded product internationally.

CLEAR

by CLEAR

First off... thanks for taking the time to post such report (not to mentioned self sponsored). Much appreciated. Miles away from random hate/jealous posts useles imo :beerchug:

Secondly, couldnt agree more. Had XXX bontrager.. took off right after installed not even ridden yet as i could already felt the funniest front to back flexy movement.

Once again well done on the write ups

AlgaeHater

by AlgaeHater

I agree with the review on the Metron 5D. Yes there are light setups out there, but this is the stiffest handlebar/stem combo I've ridden.
2019 S-Works Venge Di2
2019 Bianchi Oltre XR4 eTap
2019 BMC Timemachine Road 01 Di2
2018 BMC Roadmachine 02 Di2
2018 S-Works CruX 1X Di2

C36

by C36

First many thanks for the report, detailed, precise and with lab data... I love it !

A forum member previously shared your tables and this + the F1 geometry (38cm option, flare, adjustable stem angle) made me go for it.

Ordering is a bit manual since done via email, nothing that brother me but i know some impatient people expect an answer within 48hrs... I should get the invoice today 320$ with shipment.

2 contacts I used
Started with « Windy » :sales2@farsports.cn
Details and sale with « Kyle » :sales6@farsports.cn

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Kiritozang - do you have a photograph of the underside of the Farsports bar to show the cable routing at the stem junction?

As an aside, contacted Kyle and the adapters for Scott Addict RC are planned for 2020.

C36

by C36

380x110 ordered and eta 1-5 jan 2020
Will see if will have importation cost or not

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

C36 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:05 am
380x110 ordered and eta 1-5 jan 2020 Image
Will see if will have importation cost or not Image

I pulled the plug as well, waiting for the final invoice, ticks all the right boxes and I also ordered a SuperSix Evo specific spacer...

Are you in France or Québec C36? I'm a bit afraid of extra importation costs, Canada really exagerate sometimes...
Last edited by Dan Gerous on Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Beancouter wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:50 am
Kiritozang - do you have a photograph of the underside of the Farsports bar to show the cable routing at the stem junction?
A pair of ports very near the steerer allows hiding cables on bikes with fully internal routing:
Attachments
67650274_642667296224728_6482840661832761344_n.jpg