Comparative evaluation of four integrated handlebars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

C36

by C36

Dan Gerous wrote:
C36 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:05 am
380x110 ordered and eta 1-5 jan 2020 Image
Will see if will have importation cost or not Image

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
I pulled the plug as well, waiting for the final invoice, ticks all the right boxes and I also ordered a SuperSix Evo specific spacer...

Are you in France or Québec C36? I'm a bit afraid of extra importation costs, Canada really exagerate sometimes...
Shipped this one to France, last time i got part delivered, I even asked the question and post services had no idea... here will see Image

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

C36 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:23 pm
Dan Gerous wrote:
C36 wrote:

I pulled the plug as well, waiting for the final invoice, ticks all the right boxes and I also ordered a SuperSix Evo specific spacer...

Are you in France or Québec C36? I'm a bit afraid of extra importation costs, Canada really exagerate sometimes...
Shipped this one to France, last time i got part delivered, I even asked the question and post services had no idea... here will see Image

Loto-Import™ :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

antihero

by antihero

Great article. Thank you for taking the time to make it

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Thanks @dan gerous

Routing look a bit tight to me for a pair of hydraulic hoses + Di2 cable, but assume that’s all part of the fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beancouter

by Beancouter

I was waiting for the Creston integrated bar for my 2020 Addict but thinking now I will wait for Farsports to produce the customers spacers for the F1 bar.

Just hoping that it doesn’t come too late next year.....

Hexsense

by Hexsense

The stiffness comparison look interesting, but is there any reference number comparison of other known bar/stem combo?
Something like Zip SL-70 Aero, 3T, Specialized + any well known stem (Kalloy Uno, Pro Vibe Aero Stem, Zipp SL-Sprint etc.).
The thing is, I now know which one in the 4 is the stiffest, and the weakest. But i do not know how they compare to non-integrated bar stem. I do not know if the Bontrager, while is the weakest of the group here, is it actually plenty stiff in normal bar-stem standard or not?

PS. My next bike will need -15 degree or steeper stem angle for fitting reason so only The One meet that criteria anyway. It's either The One or stick with -17 degree stem and bar.

refthimos

by refthimos

Just got my Farsports F1. Weight is great at 309.2g in the 42cm / 120mm size. The combo Garmin / GoPro mount is metal, seems very solid, and weighs 40.0g. I think I will start a new thread for it, seems like it should have one of its own.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Any initial views on hard the internal routing is going to be?

Shpox

by Shpox

Farsports F1 seems the bees knees. Will keep an eye out.

kiritozhang

by kiritozhang

C36 wrote:

Since I am a new user, I cannot reply to you directly through private messages, I can only reply to you in posts.
Farsport has released data comparing ordinary handlebars, but comparing the tests of fairwheelbikes years ago.
Now many handlebars have been updated, and from my point of view, many tests of fairwheelsbike are not standard, which is very different from actual use.
Currently I have purchased dozens of handlebars to be tested, but I will do a small part of the handlebar / stem combination. Because I think a lot of people use different brand handlebar / stem combinations.
So I will separate the stem and handlebar tests, and do only a part of the combination test.
Handlebar / stem combination:
                             FSA K-Force Light Compact / FSA OS99 CSI
                             FSA Energy Compact / FSA ENERGY
                             PRO VIBE CARBON / PRO VIBE AERO
                             PRO VIBE ALLOY / PRO VIBE AERO
                             ZIPP SL70 AERO / ZIPP SPRINT SL
                            ZIPP SL70 ERGO / ZIPP COURSE SL
The handlebars I currently have:
 FSA K-FORCE LIGHT COMPACT, FSA SL-K COMPACT, FSA ENERGY COMPACT, PRO VIBE AERO, PRO VIBE CARBON, PRO VIBE ALLOY, 3T ERGONOVA TEAM, 3T ERGONOVA PRO, 3T SUPERNOVA TEAM, 3T AERONOVA TEAM, ZIPP SL70 AERO, ZIPP SL70 ERGO CARBON, ZIPP COURSE SL70, MCFK, ENVE COMPACT, ENVE SES, DEDA SUPERLEGGRA.
In spring 2020, I will test the handlebars.

alanyu

by alanyu

kiritozhang wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:16 am
C36 wrote:

Since I am a new user, I cannot reply to you directly through private messages, I can only reply to you in posts.
Farsport has released data comparing ordinary handlebars, but comparing the tests of fairwheelbikes years ago.
Now many handlebars have been updated, and from my point of view, many tests of fairwheelsbike are not standard, which is very different from actual use.
Currently I have purchased dozens of handlebars to be tested, but I will do a small part of the handlebar / stem combination. Because I think a lot of people use different brand handlebar / stem combinations.
So I will separate the stem and handlebar tests, and do only a part of the combination test.
Handlebar / stem combination:
                             FSA K-Force Light Compact / FSA OS99 CSI
                             FSA Energy Compact / FSA ENERGY
                             PRO VIBE CARBON / PRO VIBE AERO
                             PRO VIBE ALLOY / PRO VIBE AERO
                             ZIPP SL70 AERO / ZIPP SPRINT SL
                            ZIPP SL70 ERGO / ZIPP COURSE SL
The handlebars I currently have:
 FSA K-FORCE LIGHT COMPACT, FSA SL-K COMPACT, FSA ENERGY COMPACT, PRO VIBE AERO, PRO VIBE CARBON, PRO VIBE ALLOY, 3T ERGONOVA TEAM, 3T ERGONOVA PRO, 3T SUPERNOVA TEAM, 3T AERONOVA TEAM, ZIPP SL70 AERO, ZIPP SL70 ERGO CARBON, ZIPP COURSE SL70, MCFK, ENVE COMPACT, ENVE SES, DEDA SUPERLEGGRA.
In spring 2020, I will test the handlebars.
WOW, it sounds a big noise.

shoudongyanxie

Dilbert

by Dilbert

Nefarious86 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:53 pm
Why do we still not have 130mm and 140mm stem options in 380 width? :(

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
+1
Longer than 120mm stem limits availablr options 😥

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Dilbert wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:10 am
Nefarious86 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:53 pm
Why do we still not have 130mm and 140mm stem options in 380 width? :(

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
+1
Longer than 120mm stem limits availablr options 😥
The cost of molds for integrated setups and the very small market for 130+mm stems, even smaller for 130+mm combined with narrow bars, is probably not worth the investment for most companies, especially those that are mostly focused on the asian market where shorter narrower are more popular. Let's face it, half of the market of such long stems is probably for those trying to correct being on too small frames to begin with! :P

romanmoser

by romanmoser

If Canyon don't do
relatively long 110 120 narrow one piece cockpit why would a small brand do it ?
Almost non existent demand

bilwit

by bilwit

It's a shame we can't have a true WW aero bar/stem (or bar for that matter). I know it's hard for these small aftermarket companies to make complex shapes like that but still. Bontrager XXX is still the WW king of integrated bar/stem but if you want traditional round tops you could probably do better weight wise with a darimo/mfck/extralite combination.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com