T47 axle sleeve solution

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
benzebub

by benzebub

Hello guys,

I'm getting parts for a steel frame with a T47 BB.
The crank used will be a Campagnolo Record crankset, so I've bought Stelbel T47 ultratorque bb cups.

The cups however come without a internal sleeve to protect the inner cabling (rear hydro hose in my case) from the spinning axle.
Is there a ready made solution for this on the market, or can you guys give me some creative input for a solution?

I've been thinking about having a sleeve 3D printed worst case scenario but I have absolutely no knowledge of making a technical drawing, and have no idea how much this would cost (possibly too much in relation to the cup price).

thanks!
But I could be wrong

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

If you can't find anything purposely made for your needs you could always fashion a sleeve of sorts from a plastic bottle. Cut a piece like a semi-circle and put it in there once your cables are in place. If you use a sufficiently large enough bottle it should press outward against the shell and keep itself in place.

benzebub

by benzebub

I contacted Stelbel and they suggested the Campagnolo EPS Bottom bracket cable guide, the cups are designed to be compatible with this item.

In other words: case solved.

Thanks for the input BdaGhisallo!
But I could be wrong

corky

by corky

Interesting cause my Campagnolo cups came with the sleeve, maybe it was an eps set, don’t remember.......I have also used the cut bid on method before and it does work but my config was not with hydro disk lines......maybe that would not work?

benzebub

by benzebub

Normally the official Campagnolo (EPS) cups should come with the sleeve, but Campagnolo doesn't offer cups for T47 bottom brackets.

That's why I had to go to another manufacturer (as of now I found Argonaut (US), St Joris Cycles (Netherlands) and Stelbel (Italy) who offer the cups).

I chose Stelbel since they are the cheapest (79.99 € incl shipping in EU) but it was only until I received the cups that I noticed the cups did not have the sleeve, which makes sense because Stelbel internal cabling leaves the downtube just before the BB to loop around the shell to go back internal at the chainstays.
Since my new steel bike will have fully internal cabling I had to find a solution.

btw, I have to compliment Stelbel for the good service and the cups are a very well made piece (nice machining and finishing).
But I could be wrong

morrisond

by morrisond

I have a T47 Stainless BB on a Custom Columbus HSS bike with rear disc as well. I'm using the Argo cups. I had the builder drill two holes in the bottom of the BB on either side of the hose (it needed at least one drain hole anyways) and then I just ran a Zip tie in and snugged the hose against the bottom of the BB. Easy.