Ciamillo steps up again with a new brake coming.

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

Being off work today I was doing a little surfing and found this and at the bottom there is a discount to weigh weenies.

https://www.lekki8.com/r-o-m

While I know there has been some controversy, to say the least. As far as I know Ted and his wife Ewa has corrected all this.

I do know that I still love my Gravitas SL’s that have served me faithfully for many, years and kilometers of riding. It really is a piece of art like the Gravitas. I just wanted to toss this out since many are still fans of the rim brake at which we have seen very little development since the disc brake came on the scene.

Please keep comments focused on the product. Your thoughts?
RESIDENT GRUMPY OLD MAN.

by Weenie

rlanger

by rlanger

Definitely the most beautiful brakesets out there IMO.

Too bad there are no weights listed yet. Could be tempted to swap my DA9100s if there is enough of a weight savings. Heck, I might even do it just for the looks alone.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Ted Ciamillo is legendary status.

Ive been on numerous message boards online since 2001 and he's in the top 3 ever most controversial ever in my book.

Anyway, time to reminisce TC and his brakes. Makes me cringe that this is

1. A pre-order
2. Single pivot? Just judging by the photos. Are there still major brands using SP brakes?
Last edited by g32ecs on Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I still have the original brakes and they work fine, despite what others have said in the past. Mine have stayed centered and stop on a dime, so to speak.
"It's not the destination...it's the ride!"

tabl10s

by tabl10s

Juanmoretime wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:41 pm
Being off work today I was doing a little surfing and found this and at the bottom there is a discount to weigh weenies.

While I know there has been some controversy, to say the least. As far as I know Ted and his wife Ewa has corrected all this.

I do know that I still love my Gravitas SL’s that have served me faithfully for many, years and kilometers of riding. It really is a piece of art like the Gravitas. I just wanted to toss this out since many are still fans of the rim brake at which we have seen very little development since the disc brake came on the scene.

Steampunk look in colors that ee does not do for the most part.

Very nice.
Last edited by tabl10s on Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2015 Pinarello F8: 13.04lbs/5.915kg
2016 Rca: 11.07lbs/5.048kg
2018 S-Works SL6 Ultralight: 11.04/5.007kg
2018 S-Works SL6: 12.04/5.625kg

Seedster

by Seedster

I wouldnt risk pre-ordering from a seller with Ted's dubious history for such ugly single pivot brakes.

EWA
in the industry

by EWA

g32ecs wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:36 am
Ted Ciamillo is legendary status.

Ive been on numerous message boards online since 2001 and he's in the top 3 ever most controversial ever in my book.

Anyway, time to reminisce TC and his brakes. Makes me cringe that this is

1. A pre-order
2. Single pivot? Just judging by the photos. Are there still major brands using SP brakes?
I can see why there are some who think any and all Ciamillo brakes are single pivot as the cam is inline with the left arm - but these parts ride on two separate pivots. Ted is working on a better explanation of the Micro-Cam advantage along with leverage ratios to illustrate this. It will be up on the site shortly.
Zero G20 INLINE PIVOT.png

rlanger

by rlanger

Seedster wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:02 pm
I wouldnt risk pre-ordering from a seller with Ted's dubious history for such ugly single pivot brakes.
Well at least we can agree that De Rosa makes beautiful bikes! :D

I don't know anything about his history. Haven't been in the game long enough. But I'm not the pre-ordering type anyway.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I would definitely go a set but these are out of my price range...
"It's not the destination...it's the ride!"

EWA
in the industry

by EWA

Our pre-order involves getting on a list of those interested. This allows you to be guaranteed a set from the first batch. They will be ready to ship for the pre-order customers starting December 15. On January 1, 2020 they will be available to order on our shop page.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

These look amazing but I’m still waiting patiently for direct-mount version for any of Ted’s brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmocallaghan
in the industry

by jmocallaghan

We've been selling Ciamillo brakes since 2008 with no issues and for those people who questioned Ted's ability to deliver in the past, we offered, and still do access to all his brakes including these and their repair/replacement parts. We're the only retail vendors who offer the new brake and we are not Ciamillo but we believe in what he has produced. The brakes are absolutely sound. If you're questioning buying direct thru him, come to us and you'll get the same product and no history of issues with delivery.

From a business perspective, we would never sell the items if we couldn't get them so I wouldn't get caught up on the past which got rectified by Ciamillo.

jmocallaghan
in the industry

by jmocallaghan

Juanmoretime wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:41 pm

I would stay tune to Ciamillo on the disc brake front........

tabl10s

by tabl10s

jmocallaghan wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:51 pm
We've been selling Ciamillo brakes since 2008 with no issues and for those people who questioned Ted's ability to deliver in the past, we offered, and still do access to all his brakes including these and their repair/replacement parts. We're the only retail vendors who offer the new brake and we are not Ciamillo but we believe in what he has produced. The brakes are absolutely sound. If you're questioning buying direct thru him, come to us and you'll get the same product and no history of issues with delivery.

From a business perspective, we would never sell the items if we couldn't get them so I wouldn't get caught up on the past which got rectified by Ciamillo.
How much?
2015 Pinarello F8: 13.04lbs/5.915kg
2016 Rca: 11.07lbs/5.048kg
2018 S-Works SL6 Ultralight: 11.04/5.007kg
2018 S-Works SL6: 12.04/5.625kg

fogman

by fogman

Wait a second. I thought I read on this forum somewhere that rim brake technology is archaic and everything is going to be disc brake moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

by Weenie