Frame compare: S-Works Tarmac Vs. Scott Addict HMX

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SpeedBerger

by SpeedBerger

Hello guys,

I know, that are two different worlds, but what about comparison frames S-Works Tarmac Vs. Scott Addict HMX?
Has maybe who experiences? What will be better choice?

S-Works Tarmac SL6 FACT 12r (733 grams)
Scott Addict RC Pro Di2 HMX 2018 (775 gram)

More specs is on internet.

If who ride both bikes, such a comparison would be great.

Best regards

ichobi

by ichobi

First you are unlikely to get 733g weight from the Tarmac. That's for the ultralight version which they no longer sell and most ultralight versions including mine came overweight. More like 790-850g. Don't know about the Scott.

Second, I doubt many here have received the new Scott. The delivery date is still not consistent. May be in 2 months we will get more feedback.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

M4lukz

by M4lukz

ichobi wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:58 pm
First you are unlikely to get 733g weight from the Tarmac. That's for the ultralight version which they no longer sell and most ultralight versions including mine came overweight. More like 790-850g. Don't know about the Scott.

Second, I doubt many here have received the new Scott. The delivery date is still not consistent. May be in 2 months we will get more feedback.

He was talking about the 2018 model for what I understood

ichobi

by ichobi

Ah my mistake.

SpeedBerger

by SpeedBerger

M4lukz wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:13 pm
ichobi wrote:

That's right. If I made a mistake about the weight of the frames, I apologize. I would like to hear what are the differences between Scott and S-Works Tarmac frames?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pmprego

by pmprego

SpeedBerger wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:49 am
M4lukz wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:13 pm
ichobi wrote:

That's right. If I made a mistake about the weight of the frames, I apologize. I would like to hear what are the differences between Scott and S-Works Tarmac frames?
The new scott disc frame is supposed to be 850g. If you go for the ultralight version you below 800g.

But if you want to go ultralight there is the canyon evo. Nothing beats that