Short nose saddles vs. classic saddles

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Sojodave

by Sojodave

I rode the Power Elaston and found it too soft for long distances and caused numbness. I have had the most miles on the Power Expert, but I just ordered a Power Mimic. I ride with a guy who says it's the best saddle he has ever ridden.

sirRob

by sirRob

I always was very satisfied with the tune speedneedle so this is my reference. Last year I tested a lot with prologo dimension and the pro stealth. In the end the dimension with carbonrails provided me the most comfort. Finding the correct adjustment was a longer process and the result is that it works only with the tip slightly up for me as you can see in the picture. The "Tirox" dimension was not comfortable though in the same position. Now my bike is slightly heavier than it was with my speedneedle but especially in the drops the shorter saddle feels more comfortable.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Schadenfreude

by Schadenfreude

Well, my experiment with Prologo Dimension lasted all of about 30 mins. The nose just felt like it was chewing into all the wrong places. It's a shame because it felt very comfy on the sit bones. I tried different angles, etc, but it just wasn't fun from the get go. I felt the same with the Specialized Power. I might try the Arc at some point. In the meantime, I might test Wiggle's return policy :twisted:

10Caad

by 10Caad

07stuntin6r wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:19 am
Js2 wrote:
07stuntin6r wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:41 pm
Omiar wrote:Im using an entry level, non-carbon Toupe. I like it because it provides a lot of flex in the middle which makes for a comfortable ride. But I do feel that a short nose saddle would be better for me.
Is there a short nose, carbon shell, carbon railed saddle that has some flex in the shell?
S-Works Power...that’s what I got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some of the dudes in my group rides are running the S-works power Mimic.. Seems to be more comfortable than the regular power according to them, even though it's supposedly designed for women specifically. The newest concept/3d printed ones will be interesting once it comes out, seems to have different density in different area.
If I wanted one with more comfort I would go with the power elaston...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saddles are a personal item, but I've got nothing but love for my S-works Power! I regularly do gran fondos (~160 km) and have never had any issues some 2.5 years in.

Cattiy

by Cattiy

For me the Arc was much better than the normal Power.

SandwichNP

by SandwichNP

Anybody spend time on the Syncros Belcarra? The dimensions are similar to others, and allegedly the saddle was designed in collaboration with Gebiomized, which should provide for some decent biodynamic information. The saddle is also priced extremely competitively- $50 cheaper than either of the lighter Power/Aeolus saddles, and their cheapest version is 50g lighter than either the spec or bonty. Very few people have ride time though, it seems.

golty

by golty

Selle San Macro Shortfit racing saddle is a decent short nose saddle, my bike fitter recommended. Prefer it to the Power as it feels less sharp. Really light weight with carbon rails also

nulldreiundreissig

by nulldreiundreissig

Did anyone have a chance to test the new Fizik Saddles?

I just got my new Teambike and i'm currently torn between getting a lower grade specialized power in 143mm and waiting for the fiziks to arrive...

Sojodave

by Sojodave

I just got the Fizik Argo Tempo and I've only ridden it twice, but I'm really impressed with the comfort so far. I hope to take it on a longer ride this weekend. I like the shape with a slight dip and a higher tail. Huge cut-out and firm padding with a flexible base. Only time will tell.

Smitty2k1

by Smitty2k1

PrimO wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:10 pm
Smitty2k1 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 pm
PrimO wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:43 pm
I went from using Prologo Kappa PAS on all my bikes to Prologo Dimension (143) on all of them. I had been using the kappa for years but last year started to suffer from numbness on longer rides and so started researching a new saddle and came across the Dimension. Its 35mm shorter than the Kappa but the same width although has a slightly flatter profile and considerably thinner padding. I bought one used on ebay and tried it out and loved it and in the following months bought two more for my other road bikes. I can now cycle for hours with zero numbness issues. It also weighed in approx 80g less than the Kappa which is always a good thing.

I have an Aliexpress copy of the Pro stealth on my fixed tail 29er and get on very well with it also however my MTB rides are usually only an hour or two at most.
Can you share a link to the aliexpress one you bought? I always have the hardest time finding things on that site. Interested in trying out some new saddles without dropping serious money.
I bought this one >>> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32906476834.html

I also have a copy of the Dimension on my turbo trainer bike >>> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33033287050.html
Thanks, I just bought one of each. On a quest for butt Nirvana...

sychen

by sychen

Just started riding the Selle Italia Sp01 boost.. Been riding the non boost(long) model and they ride very similar except for the length.

Only 1 ride in so will need more rides before I render judgement on position.. As it needs to be absolutely precise due to its length(lack of).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mark40

by Mark40

Another happy Fizik Vento Argo user here. Can't say enough good things about it. I've levelled it from the line marked on it around 11cm from the nose to the front of the nose...this raises it at the back yet it doesn't feel like I'm falling off at the front & allows me to get a bit lower. Bliss!

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

sychen wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:10 pm
Just started riding the Selle Italia Sp01 boost.. Been riding the non boost(long) model and they ride very similar except for the length.

Only 1 ride in so will need more rides before I render judgement on position.. As it needs to be absolutely precise due to its length(lack of).

So the long version has the same problem?
It's not a saddle for us moving back and forth!?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

sychen

by sychen

wheelsONfire wrote:
sychen wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:10 pm

So the long version has the same problem?
It's not a saddle for us moving back and forth!?

No, as there is room/length to move around.

Nature of the beast... It might irritate my patella.. We'll see.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Konsi

by Konsi

Has anyone here tried both a Specialized Power and a Selle Italia SLR Boost Superflow and can comment how the widths compare? I have a Power in 143mm, and Selle suggests a L3 saddle, but that is based on the height in their saddle finder?