Giant TCR Advanced Pro 2 Bar / stem upgrade

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

leejhayward

by leejhayward

Hi all,

Looking to upgrade my Giant TCR Advanced Pro 2. I'm going from the stock 105 to Ultegra DI2 and in the process I want to add a nice aero bar and stem combination. The current front runner looks to be the Pro Vibe aero. However, I would also like a neat integration of a Garmin / Go Pro mount. I'm currently using a little machined setup that bolts into the bottom 2 bolts of the stem/bar mount. Ideally, I'd like something similar, since I like to capture a bit of Go Pro footage when I'm not racing.

So I'm looking for a nice light, stiff, aero, DI2 compatible, garmin/go pro integrated bar and stem combination. Does such a thing exist? I don't mind a separate mount if needs be, but I'd rather avoid it.

Cheers,
Lee

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

integration

by integration

I have the same setup (TCR Advanced Pro 1 with Pro Vibe Aero) as what you're looking to do.

I saw this yesterday maybe it's what you are looking for? https://alpitude.cc/shop/garmin-carbon-out-front-mount/

leejhayward

by leejhayward

Something along those lines looks like it could work as a separate mount, I don't see how it would integrate with the Pro Vibe stem as that bolts from the back of the stem in order to retain the bar.
integration wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:26 pm
I have the same setup (TCR Advanced Pro 1 with Pro Vibe Aero) as what you're looking to do.

I saw this yesterday maybe it's what you are looking for? https://alpitude.cc/shop/garmin-carbon-out-front-mount/

integration

by integration

Sorry, didn't notice the part where you wanted to combine it with a matching pro vibe stem. Not sure if I could help you there. Maybe the stock giant stem may work with that mount? It's pretty similar to the pro vibe one.

leejhayward

by leejhayward

Yep, decided to stick with the stock Giant stem. It's pretty good, not overly heavy and has bolts on the front so I can use the outfront mount as I currently do.

I'm going to go for the Pro Vibe Superlight Bars which come in just a sniff over 200 grams.
integration wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:12 pm
Sorry, didn't notice the part where you wanted to combine it with a matching pro vibe stem. Not sure if I could help you there. Maybe the stock giant stem may work with that mount? It's pretty similar to the pro vibe one.