New Frame Fit Question

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
jrsiebe

by jrsiebe

I currently ride a 54CM 2019 BMC Roadmachine 02 Three. The stack and reach are 562 and 386 respectively.

Referencing a separate thread by me, I recently purchased an emonda SLR frame in size 52 with a stack/reach of 547 and 379.

So basically with a shorer reach and lower stack height, will I be in relatively the same position, or will I need to add a longer/shorter stem ? It seems like the shorter reach and significantly lower stack might mean a slightly more aggressive position. If I want to maintain the same position as the roadmachine, what stem would I need to counter the more aggressive riding position ?

jmfreeman535

by jmfreeman535

You also need to factor in how many spacers you are currently running on the BMC, along with the stem length/angle, and handlebar reach.

If you are running 20+mm of spacers right now, and want to maintain the same position, then the Emonda is the wrong bike/size for you.

From what I can tell, the BMC has a stem angle of -12.5 degress (I can't seem to find the stem lenght) and a handlebar reach of 70mm. So if you go with the same size stem that is -6/7 degrees, then you'll raise the stack by ~10mm. You could then go with a bar that has a slightly longer reach (~75-80), if you want to match the reach.

Seat and head tube angles also play a role in how a bike will fit.

by Weenie