Sigeyi Axo Power Meter Spider

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

oldmac

by oldmac

bobinski wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:46 pm
I am reallyt interested in this PM but it's not compatible with Shimano 8000 series. I have a Scott Addict and by looks of it i would have to upgrade the BB, chain rings and crank as well. Such a shame because then the cost becomes equivalent to other options.
There is no way to install a power meter spider on SHIMANO road cranksets. Your only option is left leg power meter or power meter pedals.
If you want power meter spider, no mater which brand you choose, you need to buy crank arms for it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KebabKillah

by KebabKillah

I just received my Sigeyi Axo power meter
Attachments
IMG_20211111_183505.jpg
S-Works Tarmac sl7
Ricca Modelo Uno custom Ultegra di2
Look AL 246 Ultegra 6600
BMC Speedfox Sram NX

gplama

by gplama

KebabKillah wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:17 am
Nice one! What's the configraion there?

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Edit- just realised mines xcadey

I've only just got around to using mine (arrived back in may, but the bike it was going on, wasn't here) gxp 3 bolt, firmware's current version, and really happy with how it's performing.

Have done a few dual recorded workouts with my h1 and other than perhaps an odd lower reading in very short sprints, it's been well within a couple of watts.
Having got 2 p2max and a 4iiii single sided, I've honestly no idea why people would even entertain a stages or 4iiii now unless they were married to their chainset.
Will post overlaid curve when I can get on a pc...
Official cafe stop tester

KebabKillah

by KebabKillah

gplama wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:04 am
KebabKillah wrote:
Crank arms Easton EC90 SL 170mm
Charings Carbon Ti 50/34
I install it on my Tarmac Sl7 as a replacement for the Dura Ace 9100 P.
S-Works Tarmac sl7
Look AL 246 Ultegra 6600
BMC Speedfox Sram NX

KebabKillah

by KebabKillah

KebabKillah wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:48 pm
gplama wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:04 am
KebabKillah wrote:
Crank arms Easton EC90 SL 170mm
Charings Carbon Ti 50/34
I install it on my Tarmac Sl7 as a replacement for the Dura Ace 9100 P.
Attachments
IMG_20211112_153341.jpg
S-Works Tarmac sl7
Look AL 246 Ultegra 6600
BMC Speedfox Sram NX

Erwin

by Erwin

Really a good looking powermeter. Weightwise like a Quarq D1 with 5-bolt spider. It is really an oppurtunity now. Thanks for sharing!

gplama

by gplama

I put another AXO through my Lama Lab this week. No scaling required. The numbers were impressive.

R314

by R314

gplama wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:34 am
I put another AXO through my Lama Lab this week. No scaling required. The numbers were impressive.

Shane,

Maybe it is just me, but there is one thing i can't get my head around.
I expect the further you go from the pedal axle the more power is lost. Crank has some degreree of flex, the derivetrain also has some losses etc.
It seems like people are so fixated on having the same number at all point of measurement, yet none of these PMs are validated by a 3rd party just manufatrurers claims. I noticed people tend to belive the device reports the highest value is the most accurate.

ms6073

by ms6073

Agreed. Several years ago Lama posted a video of his Tacx factory tour that included the Tacx Neo bench test stand where the torque of the drive shaft of an electric motor is used as the basis to evaluate the accuracy of the power output of the trainer. While the various versions of the Tacx Neo has suffered from some niggling issues over the years, that testing standard has me very confident in the power output of my Neo. so I am always somewhat amused when I read comments on the webz from people complaining that the power from their Tacx Neo 1/2/2T does not match that of their [insert PM here]!

- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

RDY

by RDY

ms6073 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:58 pm
Agreed. Several years ago Lama posted a video of his Tacx factory tour that included the Tacx Neo bench test stand where the torque of the drive shaft of an electric motor is used as the basis to evaluate the accuracy of the power output of the trainer. While the various versions of the Tacx Neo has suffered from some niggling issues over the years, that testing standard has me very confident in the power output of my Neo. so I am always somewhat amused when I read comments on the webz from people complaining that the power from their Tacx Neo 1/2/2T does not match that of their [insert PM here]!

I'm fairly sure all the big DD trainer manufacturers apply a multiplicative factor to the power data, to try to make it accurately match what would be happenning before chainring / cassette / chain losses. Their customers would complain that they were down on power on Zwift if they weren't.

ms6073

by ms6073

Going to disagree as I am pretty sure the Neo SmartTrainers stream unaltered data based on the exact torque measured from of the drive shaft. Back before Garmin acquired Tacx, the user forums were full of posts about Neo power numbers being lower than pedal or crank based powermeters.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

floriansantana

by floriansantana

Has anyone of you ordered from the Sigeyi UK store? Do they only ship to the UK or do they also ship to mainland Europe from there? I’m looking at a AXO Cannondale PM.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

Deihlos91

by Deihlos91

floriansantana wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:17 pm
Has anyone of you ordered from the Sigeyi UK store? Do they only ship to the UK or do they also ship to mainland Europe from there? I’m looking at a AXO Cannondale PM.
You can buy your Cannondale PM in Europe in this shop. Also a very good price.
https://velowear.dk/wpbutik/page/1/?s=s ... gwt_wcas=1
Allround:
Elilee Blize XXE 24 Carbon Raw L Custom-6340g
Sunday:
Colnago V3Rs 22 (RCRD) 54s Custom-6890g
BW/Travel:
Cannondale Synapse 20 Hi Mod 56 Custom-7200g
Old:
Specialized SWorks Aethos Jet Fuel 56 Custom-6060g

Deihlos91

by Deihlos91

floriansantana wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:17 pm
You can buy your Cannondale PM here if they are shipping to your country. Also a very good price.
https://velowear.dk/wpbutik/page/1/?s=s ... gwt_wcas=1
Allround:
Elilee Blize XXE 24 Carbon Raw L Custom-6340g
Sunday:
Colnago V3Rs 22 (RCRD) 54s Custom-6890g
BW/Travel:
Cannondale Synapse 20 Hi Mod 56 Custom-7200g
Old:
Specialized SWorks Aethos Jet Fuel 56 Custom-6060g

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓