Sigeyi Axo Power Meter Spider

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Unniti

by Unniti

My Sigeyi AXO for Rotor Aldhu arrived earlier this week and I had the time to install it yesterday before taking a spin on the trainer. It was reading a bit low straight after the installation but after ~15 minutes it was very close to the Assiomas I used as comparison. Came with 3.719 firmware and there were no spikes, but that's only after an hour of usage.

AnkitS

by AnkitS

Yep power spike issue completely gone for me as well.
I actually saw it on pretty much every ride before 3.719 (1300-1800w random jumps) and I haven't seen it pop back up yet, I have a lot more confidence in this pm now other than the stupid chainline issues I mentioned before. No qualms against reccomending it.

The only reason I'd consider a quarq over a sigeyi is that the 165 xx1 arms are exclusively in the 8 bolt pattern.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

davidalone

by davidalone

Did a first test of my Xcadey Xpower S on Rotor ALdhu 4 bolt 110 today.

Test conditions:
Bike: Bianchi Oltre XR4
Power Meter: XCADEY X Power-S Rotor Aldhu 4 bolt reporting via ANT+ to a Garmin 800
Trainer: Elite Direto Reporting via ANT+ to a Garmin 820
Data uploaded to zwiftpower and compared using the analysis tool.

I cycled for 10 mins on the trainer before running calibration of the Elite Direto on the E-training app . Offset value was 6180 with the orignial at 6184, so pretty much almsot spot on.

I did two rides, one of 10 and approximately one of 5 minutes.
Unfortunately the power data from the 10 minute ride didnt seem to record properly, but the 5 minute one was fine and is attached below. There is one instance of a dropout from the trainer and one instance wheer I put the hammer down but doesnt seem to be matched by the trainer, but I need to investigate this to see if this is just an issue where the trainer has difficulty ramping up the power in short time instances.

From first impressions I am achieving similar results to GPLama where the XCADEY is consistently under reporting power by approximately 4-5%. given that this is comparing spider versus hub based power then tthe difference goes up to close to 6-7% given drivetrain losses.

I will do another test then report back.

2020-12-25 (2).png

davidalone

by davidalone

Update:

did a longer ride, this time having the XCADEY report to my Fenix 5 and the Elite Direto report to my Garmin 820.

the Xcadey is defintely under reporting by about 6-7%, see attachement below. Otherwise it does well. the direto does not report cadence very well so it tends to overshoot the sprint power abit.
Attachments
2020-12-27 (2).png

Aeo

by Aeo

Sigeyi AXO 8-bolt for Shimano MTB weights:

Sigeyi AXO spider: 81.5 grams

SM-CRM85 34T: 128.4 grams
  • Chainring: 80.8 grams
  • Screws: 7.7 grams
  • Spider: 39.9 grams

FC-MT900 34T: 83.9 grams
same weight as FC-M9100 chainring

This means if you are coming from a MT900 or XTR M9100 crank with a 34T and install the Sigeyi powermeter:

-83.9 grams
+81.5 grams
+80.8 grams
+7.7 grams
=86,1 grams

Your bike is now 86,1 grams heavier.
IMG_1949.jpg
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

MagicShite

by MagicShite

Did a Ramp Test yesterday on my Sigeyi Axo MTB version (8 bolts)

This are the results. Kickr 4 vs Sigeyi. Both are calibrated before start by warming up at least 10 minutes.

Doubt it means much but in many cases they align 1:1 in my case. I'm confident enough to just use Kickr 4 for my training.
Attachments
RAMPTEST.PNG

micky

by micky

How cannot I take seriously someone called MagicShite! :lol:
Nah mate, just kidding!
Thanks for the report and sounds pretty good so far.

jekyll man

by jekyll man

MagicShite wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:37 am

This are the results. Kickr 4 vs Sigeyi. Both are calibrated before start by warming up at least 10 minutes.

Doubt it means much but in many cases they align 1:1 in my case. I'm confident enough to just use Kickr 4 for my training.
Ramp test in erg mode is fairly constant so you would expect(!!) them to be fairly close, although you can get a "push me, pull me" effect if using 2 meters.
Where you will probably notice differences is in fairly variable power situations such as short intervals or zwift racing to close gaps, but results are promising :thumbup:
Official cafe stop tester

MagicShite

by MagicShite

micky wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:58 am
How cannot I take seriously someone called MagicShite! :lol:
Nah mate, just kidding!
Thanks for the report and sounds pretty good so far.
It is entirely intentional! :lol:
jekyll man wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:49 am
MagicShite wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:37 am

Ramp test in erg mode is fairly constant so you would expect(!!) them to be fairly close, although you can get a "push me, pull me" effect if using 2 meters.
Where you will probably notice differences is in fairly variable power situations such as short intervals or zwift racing to close gaps, but results are promising :thumbup:
You are absolutely right. I do find that on some edge cases it sometimes doesn't track very well (at higher shorter power around 30-1 minute) Kickr tends to read a bit higher in this regard.

Sometimes when the temperature settles in and everything falls into place i get 1:1 even when riding around without Ergo Mode. At this point unless I invest in a third power meter I wouldn't be able to exactly pinpoint what went wrong.

MagicShite

by MagicShite

Here is another normal sample ride that I did earlier.

Bear in mind that this is done on a 11-51T cassette on a kickr 4 + 34T shimano M8100 crankset. I'm not sure if running such a configuration would affect Kickr's reading or not especially at extreme chainlines. (I crashed my road bike earlier and I'm still waiting for a replacement, I'm currently recovering from breaking my femur due to the earlier crash and hence I'm mostly on the MTB)

The peak power seems to dip a bit lower and I could not explain why, otherwise they match pretty 1:1.
Attachments
zwift event.PNG
curve.PNG

davidalone

by davidalone

Update - Xcadey Xpower-S scaled up to 110% and with their latest firware looking very good now. My main concern is the work in testing needed to check the power meter- many people wont have the resources to verify the power meter readings.
Attachments
zpwer.jpg

robbosmans

by robbosmans

I just received my Suito and will compare it to my xcadey spider

Lets see if I can gain 10W.

TribesMan

by TribesMan

Suito is not very accurate from my experience, comparing it to my power meter.
It has quite a lot of temperature drift... when its cold it is reading about 10W too low, when it is warmed up it can go 10W too high (@300W).
Keep that in mind.

raggi

by raggi

davidalone wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:05 am
Update - Xcadey Xpower-S scaled up to 110% and with their latest firware looking very good now. My main concern is the work in testing needed to check the power meter- many people wont have the resources to verify the power meter readings.
Which comparison program is that you're using?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

raggi wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:26 am

Which comparison program is that you're using?

That is ZwiftPower.com