Sigeyi Axo Power Meter Spider

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Sounds like he's been testing unreleased firmwares and random stuff is breaking with each update.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gplama

by gplama

I just couldn't nail what was up with these units. 48 data sets over 8 months or so. Wildly different results with power between firmware updates. Some tests were really good, others not, others both good and bad. I need to start fresh with whatever their latest firmware is and go from there. They've asked I return the units i've been testing.... so that's that for now. And as such, they're NOT on my 'ok to buy' list. I suspect they're redaing my comments too... and could be why they want everything returned.

I won't be making a video/review on the experience to date. Whatever I publish will likely be outdated already given the duration of the testing. I've wasted way way WAY too much time for nothing other than them getting a metric fckton of comparative test data. I hope they do something good with it.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Have you not been on the latest firmware that was released in October?

gplama

by gplama

I was well down the rabbit hole with them sending over a custom firmware tweaked only for the unit I had after that dropped.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Oh you had special sauce :O Was there a certain scenario where you would find it to be inconsistent? Or would slope just drift randomly?

BuTTuS

by BuTTuS

Hi guys, so glad I've found a useful thread about Sigeyi on the internet, so I joined here to ask this:

I installed my SIGEYI AXO yesterday and took it for a very short and easy test spin, because I got way to short chain ring bolts at this point...
Anyway, it seems to work fine, but when I later on took a look on the sensors in my Garmin Edge 530 it has connected with a mix of ANT+ and bluetooth, that I do not like, I would preffer only ANT+
So, can the second sensor (bluetooth) be deleted from here or will I loose cadence and balance then? If so how to connect that part with ANT+ instead?
axo.JPG

JayDee81

by JayDee81

BuTTuS wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:19 am
Hi guys, so glad I've found a useful thread about Sigeyi on the internet, so I joined here to ask this:

I installed my SIGEYI AXO yesterday and took it for a very short and easy test spin, because I got way to short chain ring bolts at this point...
Anyway, it seems to work fine, but when I later on took a look on the sensors in my Garmin Edge 530 it has connected with a mix of ANT+ and bluetooth, that I do not like, I would preffer only ANT+
So, can the second sensor (bluetooth) be deleted from here or will I loose cadence and balance then? If so how to connect that part with ANT+ instead?

axo.JPG
The power sensor should probably give you cadence too. Try it. Just disable the other sensor in Garmin. Other than that you should see both ANT+ and BT signal in your garmin (as separate sensors), so you can pair the ones you want.

BuTTuS

by BuTTuS

JayDee81 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:49 am
BuTTuS wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:19 am

axo.JPG
The power sensor should probably give you cadence too. Try it. Just disable the other sensor in Garmin. Other than that you should see both ANT+ and BT signal in your garmin (as separate sensors), so you can pair the ones you want.
OK thanks, will remove it and see what happends, but not until I've got hold of proper chain ring bolts...

Aeo

by Aeo

ANT+ only connection is recommended. I had some drop-outs because I unwittingly was on Bluetooth, all good on ANT+. There will be power and cadence, also L/R balance
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

BuTTuS

by BuTTuS

Aeo wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:30 am
ANT+ only connection is recommended. I had some drop-outs because I unwittingly was on Bluetooth, all good on ANT+. There will be power and cadence, also L/R balance
Thanks, I've now used it on a couple of rides and no issues what so ever (that I can spot). According to the App I'm on firmware 3.802

RDY

by RDY

So what's the latest on the Sigeyi Axo and Xcadey Xpower spiders? Are they fixed and working well, or is firmware borked again?

robbosmans

by robbosmans

My Xcadey has been working flawless for over a year now

RDY

by RDY

robbosmans wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:11 pm
My Xcadey has been working flawless for over a year now
Still running with 106% adjustment, or 100% is good now?

robbosmans

by robbosmans

100% was accurate for me

milanv

by milanv

RDY wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:02 pm
So what's the latest on the Sigeyi Axo and Xcadey Xpower spiders? Are they fixed and working well, or is firmware borked again?
I have read all known information and test across the net about both... Several people report bad power figures with X-Cadey, nor Sigeyi. Last information in this thread is, that X-Cadey latest FW corrected power errors experienced before. Is it OK, now? Sigeyi is right from the beginning.

I would like to use it on my second bike with Rotor cranks and chainrings. Thx.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com