Sigeyi Axo Power Meter Spider

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

davidalone wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:31 am

Slightly frustrating, as the quarq, P2M, and Elite Direto are all 'known and trusted sources' according to most reviewers. I am inclined to follow the crank based power meters at this point, as it's 3v1.

I believe you are misinterpreting the reviewers. They aren’t, for example, saying all Direto XRs are trustworthy, just the ones they have in their possession.

Honestly from what I’ve seen, many Diretos read a little high.

Maddie

by Maddie

Indeed. The Direto is a perfect example for sending out products to reviewers with adapted firmware or hardware that is not publically available. I have one and my experience is pretty different to all the positive reviews...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MagicShite

by MagicShite

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:45 am
davidalone wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:31 am

Slightly frustrating, as the quarq, P2M, and Elite Direto are all 'known and trusted sources' according to most reviewers. I am inclined to follow the crank based power meters at this point, as it's 3v1.

I believe you are misinterpreting the reviewers. They aren’t, for example, saying all Direto XRs are trustworthy, just the ones they have in their possession.

Honestly from what I’ve seen, many Diretos read a little high.
2nding this. I organize private zwift races back in my country and this is the trend I've observed.

TribesMan

by TribesMan

Maddie wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:56 am
Indeed. The Direto is a perfect example for sending out products to reviewers with adapted firmware or hardware that is not publically available. I have one and my experience is pretty different to all the positive reviews...
It is not very good practice to compare any real power meter to a trainer, which does not have a real power meter inside.
All trainers that are calibrated by "spin down" procedure are only "power estimators".
There is no power measurement going inside there.
There is a lot of factors that influence power estimation given by a trainer, like ambient temperature, warmup time of the trainer, flywheel speed, power...

Elite is known to do some "optimization" of firmware, to improve the accuracy of their trainers, which are usually very far off from the promised +-2% from the factory.
I own a Suito and when I compared it to my Assiomas I found out it is extremely inaccurate.
Just to be clear, when I compared Assiomas to Wahoo Kickr, they were spot on +-1%.

When I presented my findings to Elite, they offered me to "adjust" the trainer, by me performing some specific intervals of riding at set intensity levels and flywheel speeds. And recording power from Suito and Assiomas at the same time.
After sending them the data, I got a .json file, which I uploaded to my trainer.
It improved things in some areas, and made it worse in others.

After repeating this procedure twice and when things were clearly not improving, I performed my test ride again...
It included 4 sets of intervals from 100-600W at different flywheel speeds (25, 15, 45 and 35kph).

This is the comparison of Suito vs Assioma pedals (after firmware adjustment by Elite):

https://zwiftpower.com/analysis.php?set_id=184839

And for more clear representation I also made a comparison in table, to show how flywheel speed influences the accuracy of the Suito.
SuitovsAssioma.png
Suito can read up to 15% too low at slow flywheel speeds and up to 15% too high at high flywheel speeds.
It is somewhat "ok" around 30kph and up to 250W... but everywhere else it is way off.
Basically, the Suito is more like randon number generator than anything else.

So it is very unfair to compare any real strain gauge based power meter to any trainer without prior validation of the trainer with some other device.
Ecxept maybe Tacx Neo or Wahoo Kickr, those two I think are very accurate and don't require any spin down anyway.

gSporco

by gSporco

Anyone can recommend a Sigeyi dealer in the USA? or that will ship to the USA for a reasonable price.. I really dont want to buy through ALiexpress.. that seems like it could turn into a nightmare for warranty issues..
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

JaeOne3345

by JaeOne3345

gSporco wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:50 pm
Anyone can recommend a Sigeyi dealer in the USA? or that will ship to the USA for a reasonable price.. I really dont want to buy through ALiexpress.. that seems like it could turn into a nightmare for warranty issues..
Why not just order it from the website? The shipping is only about 20 euros.
www.sigeyishop.com/

gSporco

by gSporco

JaeOne3345 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:06 pm
gSporco wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:50 pm
Why not just order it from the website? The shipping is only about 20 euros.
www.sigeyishop.com/
I feel like an idiot now.. For whatever reason, I assumed/ misread and though the prices where more buying direct from them.. :x
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

JaeOne3345

by JaeOne3345

LOL all good. Didn't mean to make you feel that way.

I've been on the site recently quite a bit looking at options. I'd like to pair a unit with sram red dub cranks but 170's are not available anywhere. SMH.

gSporco

by gSporco

JaeOne3345 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:05 pm

I've been on the site recently quite a bit looking at options. I'd like to pair a unit with sram red dub cranks but 170's are not available anywhere. SMH.
No you didn't, It was I, with the lack of attention to detail on the site.. To bad I just sold a set of Red AXS DuB cranks arms as I moved to exclusively using 165mm cranks
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

tireheb

by tireheb

freepk wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:28 am
Sigeyi AXO without chainring bolts 296 euro(excl VAT)
https://www.sigeyishop.com/product/axo- ... red-force/

Quarq DZero 110 with chainring bolts 266.81euro(excl VAT)
https://r2-bike.com/SRAM-Quarq-Power-Me ... BCD-110-mm

Any reason for Sigeyi?
Yes, I have two different Quarqs and I am happy without problems, price was not the dealbreaker.

why is the quarq so cheap? any reason for this ? considering that p2max are 490 (almost double). did i miss something? cheers

freepk

by freepk

@tireheh, maybe answer is - 8bolt interface?

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Quarq has gotten significantly cheaper because there is more competition nowadays

js

by js

gSporco wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:25 pm
JaeOne3345 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:05 pm
No you didn't, It was I, with the lack of attention to detail on the site.
I'd just like to say how refreshing it was to read a conversation between two people who both defaulted to polite conversation and an assumption that the other person was a human worthy of empathy. A bright point in my day to be sure.

Keeping it on topic, I'll also say that I grabbed an AXO unit on a punt to use on my mountain bike this past year. Other than one day early on when it seemed to read very low, it's been rock-solid ever since.

If I could find a 180mm road crank that uses direct attachment (some of us still prefer longer cranks), I'd grab one to replace the DA/Stages set-up on my road bike tomorrow, both for the quality of the AXO unit and because Shimano cranks feel like ticking time bombs.

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

TribesMan wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:19 pm
Maddie wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:56 am
It is not very good practice to compare any real power meter to a trainer, which does not have a real power meter inside.
All trainers that are calibrated by "spin down" procedure are only "power estimators".
There is no power measurement going inside there.
There is a lot of factors that influence power estimation given by a trainer, like ambient temperature, warmup time of the trainer, flywheel speed, power...

Elite is known to do some "optimization" of firmware, to improve the accuracy of their trainers, which are usually very far off from the promised +-2% from the factory.
I own a Suito and when I compared it to my Assiomas I found out it is extremely inaccurate.
Just to be clear, when I compared Assiomas to Wahoo Kickr, they were spot on +-1%.

When I presented my findings to Elite, they offered me to "adjust" the trainer, by me performing some specific intervals of riding at set intensity levels and flywheel speeds. And recording power from Suito and Assiomas at the same time.
After sending them the data, I got a .json file, which I uploaded to my trainer.
It improved things in some areas, and made it worse in others.

After repeating this procedure twice and when things were clearly not improving, I performed my test ride again...
It included 4 sets of intervals from 100-600W at different flywheel speeds (25, 15, 45 and 35kph).

This is the comparison of Suito vs Assioma pedals (after firmware adjustment by Elite):

https://zwiftpower.com/analysis.php?set_id=184839

And for more clear representation I also made a comparison in table, to show how flywheel speed influences the accuracy of the Suito.

SuitovsAssioma.png

Suito can read up to 15% too low at slow flywheel speeds and up to 15% too high at high flywheel speeds.
It is somewhat "ok" around 30kph and up to 250W... but everywhere else it is way off.
Basically, the Suito is more like randon number generator than anything else.

So it is very unfair to compare any real strain gauge based power meter to any trainer without prior validation of the trainer with some other device.
Ecxept maybe Tacx Neo or Wahoo Kickr, those two I think are very accurate and don't require any spin down anyway.
That doesn't sound too good.
And how do you use the suito nowadays?
I noticed the power from the suito being slight different that the data I get from my Magene crank but I don't really trust that one too much anyway but after reading your post I think it may be the other way around...

tireheb

by tireheb

freepk wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:07 pm
@tireheh, maybe answer is - 8bolt interface?
sorry i dont get it, why would the 8 bolt interface be cheaper, its the current standard for sram if i understand correctly (and the 3 bolt the old one).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com