Sigeyi Axo Power Meter Spider

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

addictR1

by addictR1

Lewn777 wrote:
velolive wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:33 am
I do not know why they are not in google market, it was ok before.
app
android
Itunes
Got it all updated! Thanks for the links. :thumbup:

For anyone else having issues:
1. Download Android or Apple app and allow install.
2. Run the app.
3. Put PM into charge mode (make sure red led is lit on PM).
4. Select device.
5. Select firmware.
6. Hit upload.

Should work, if not try again. If not try other operating system.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
So would the new SW update fix the occasional spike in pm?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lewn777

by Lewn777

addictR1 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:12 am
Lewn777 wrote:
velolive wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:33 am
I do not know why they are not in google market, it was ok before.
app
android
Itunes

2. Run the app.
4. Select device.
5. Select firmware.
6. Hit upload.

So would the new SW update fix the occasional spike in pm?
According to Velolive this bug was fixed before or at v2.3. This bug still existed after previous updates I had done. Will post in this thread in 48 days if I have another PM power spike, if not, consider it fixed. :thumbup:

g32ecs

by g32ecs

If this is reliable enough I might just get one for my n+2

cajer

by cajer

I have a Sigeyi Axo power meter on my skypivot chinese carbon cranks (the super light ones on weight weenies). It seems that the power meter is reading ~20-30 watts low at @ ~240 watt output compared to my Power2Max and Quarqs on other bikes. Does anyone have the same experinece?

I have calibrated it and will try to update the firmware while charging (failed when not charging) tonight and see if it does better.

ultreia

by ultreia

cajer wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:15 am
I have a Sigeyi Axo power meter on my skypivot chinese carbon cranks (the super light ones on weight weenies). It seems that the power meter is reading ~20-30 watts low at @ ~240 watt output compared to my Power2Max and Quarqs on other bikes. Does anyone have the same experinece?

I have calibrated it and will try to update the firmware while charging (failed when not charging) tonight and see if it does better.
How did you check the values? I compared with my P2M using a Favero pedals and all of them (Favero, P2M and Sigeyi were almost at the same power watts average).

ultreia

by ultreia

Lewn777 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:00 am

2. Run the app.
4. Select device.
5. Select firmware.
6. Hit upload.

So, if I understood well it should be connected to the charger during the update process, right?

velolive

by velolive

doublepost, sorry
Last edited by velolive on Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

velolive

by velolive

2. Run the app.
4. Select device.
5. Select firmware.
6. Hit upload.

So, if I understood well it should be connected to the charger during the update process, right?
Yes.

Download fit files and compare it here

alanyu

by alanyu

cajer wrote:

You should compare the power on the same bike, e.g, power meter pedal and axo, instead of those on different bikes.

ultreia

by ultreia

alanyu wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:59 am
You should compare the power on the same bike, e.g, power meter pedal and axo, instead of those on different bikes.
Right, it is the only way. I did in the next way:

P2M with Favero pedals
Sigeyi with same Favero pedals

The comparison was between pedals and spider power meters, no direct comparison between Sigeyi and P2M (it is impossible to do it). But what I can assure to you is that between them were very close 2-3 watts average difference. Alsmost no difference.

Lewn777

by Lewn777

ultreia wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:06 am
Lewn777 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:00 am

2. Run the app.
4. Select device.
5. Select firmware.
6. Hit upload.

The power meter needs to be on charge when being updated, but the phone is connected to the power meter over bluetooth only.

Lewn777

by Lewn777

cajer wrote:

I'm not sure how it's possible to compare unless you are going up the same segment in very similar conditions and achieving a very similar time. However comapred to a stages power meter I felt that sprint power (400w-1000w) was a little lower on the Sigeyi, but normal power (100-350w) was very similar, but it could just be me.

philipeleven

by philipeleven

cajer wrote:

Your feeling is right... :D

It is a Xcadey xpower powermeter though...not sigeyi's (I think the name is easy to confuse, haha)

I have to push them to finish it before the day you came. they use a older version of the carbon crankleg, which has contact the pm surface when tighten the bolt. So the slope has affected by that.

after you left, I have a similar one tested by myself and noticed that problem, and then gave them a newer version of crankleg and recalibrated it. the slope is about 107% compare to the original factor.

So, you can use the xcadey app which I gave you to input a new factor(107%) temporary (technically the slope is only determine by the pm hardware, the xcadey pm we tested have a very little difference between slope numbers) . or for a better result you can send it back to us to recalibrated it, since the last time we meet, you say you will come to China in December, so it would be easy to arrange... :D

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Damn, aliexpress seller just canceled my shipment with no other details and no refund? This is wild

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

velolive

by velolive

I had an issue with L side Siegyi they read constantly lower 7-8%, it was fixed with 2.9 firmware(6329T04)
Easy recovery ride with assioma Uno comparation attached.
firmwareupgrade.jpg
utils_power_chart1574406413297.jpg
dudemanppl wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:59 pm
Damn, aliexpress seller just canceled my shipment with no other details and no refund? This is wild
Refund will be back within 5-7 days.
For ali I recommend anrancee cycling, they much better than sunture store.