Sigeyi Axo Power Meter Spider

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gplama

by gplama

R314 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:52 pm
Maybe it is just me, but there is one thing i can't get my head around.
I expect the further you go from the pedal axle the more power is lost. Crank has some degreree of flex, the derivetrain also has some losses etc.
It seems like people are so fixated on having the same number at all point of measurement, yet none of these PMs are validated by a 3rd party just manufatrurers claims. I noticed people tend to belive the device reports the highest value is the most accurate.
Can of worms here for sure. 

I see a few posts above showing the NEO. I used the Elite DiretoXR in my most recent AXO test. (and the Wahoo Kickr 5 in other recent testing). I've been told by one of the big players they do factor in a small amount of mechanical loss to their power calcs. They're all pretty secretive about exactly what they're doing with power measurement. Mechanical losses aren't consistent either so it's not as easy as a 1.5% upscale, although I suspect that's ballpark to what is being applied by some. 

I do my best to remove the biggest factors that influence drivetrain loss. My ERG testing is using a straight chainline. The drivetrain is immaculately clean. I use a quality BB and jockey wheel bearings. I even upgraded to a CeramicSpeed OSPW on one bike... but observed no change in power numbers. The testing protocol is also important.

I'm of the opinion (and I know a lot of people disagree) that power measurement should relate to the energy expenditure of the rider. "What am I doing" as opposed to "What am I doing +- the measurement point". Having power reported only from the measurement point means if you have multiple meters measuring at different points you'll have a different FTP (4DP too I guess), a different experience with these new online platforms, and your training data will be messy, if you really care about the finer details. There's no standard on this though, so it's likely people will argue both ways. 

I see drivetrain loss thrown around way too much when it comes to people questioning power comparisons. It's a beautiful excuse for companies to use too quickly close support tickets. Resolving power discrepancies is a pain in the arse. Made harder when companies make up excuses as to why their power meter is junky. I'm sent a lot of communication from users and their interactions with power meter companies. 

"these devices don't measure power directly as bike ones do, but rather estimate it, and therefore CANNOT be used to compare with bike ones." - A power meter company response to someone asking why their meter is well off from their smart trainer. This is complete and utter bullshit. 

There's a LOT more companies could be doing when it comes to defining what they consider 'accuracy' to be. Put any smart trainer in the 53/11 at 200W ERG and watch the 'accuracy' go flying out the window.

Anyhow... tldr; I'll happily give up a few watts to 'drivetrain'. Not as many as what I see thrown around though. 

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

floriansantana

by floriansantana

Deihlos91 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:32 pm
floriansantana wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:17 pm
Has anyone of you ordered from the Sigeyi UK store? Do they only ship to the UK or do they also ship to mainland Europe from there? I’m looking at a AXO Cannondale PM.
You can buy your Cannondale PM here if they are shipping to your country. Also a very good price.
https://velowear.dk/wpbutik/page/1/?s=s ... gwt_wcas=1
It’s all Danish I suppose, kind of hard to navigate through the store without understanding a single word. :P
Price is good, I’d like to order. Just need to figure out how.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

Attermann

by Attermann

Use google translate, put the link into the box it will then translate for you, if you have any questions, you can always ask me, I'm Danish.

TribesMan

by TribesMan

I think this store is also based in Europe:

https://cycling100.com/collections/sigeyi-1

floriansantana

by floriansantana

Attermann wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:48 am
Use google translate, put the link into the box it will then translate for you, if you have any questions, you can always ask me, I'm Danish.
Do you know the shop? Is it legit? It only takes CC payments and I’m kind of hesitant if online shops don't accept secured payment like PayPal or likewise.

Thanks in advance!
@floriansantana

robbosmans

by robbosmans

TribesMan wrote:I think this store is also based in Europe:

https://cycling100.com/collections/sigeyi-1
They are not, they still ship from China

Attermann

by Attermann

floriansantana wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:08 am
Attermann wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:48 am
Do you know the shop? Is it legit? It only takes CC payments and I’m kind of hesitant if online shops don't accept secured payment like PayPal or likewise.

Thanks in advance!
yes i know both the owner and the shop, it's psysically located in a town 30 km from me, and i have met the guy that has the shop before, he's a bikefitter too that Jacob Fuglsang uses.

naavt

by naavt

Hi,

Can anyone share how this PM spider interior ring (facing the BB frame), compares to a P2Max?

My P2Max PM hits my new BB frame area so looking for alternatives

tireheb

by tireheb

naavt wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:01 pm
Hi,

Can anyone share how this PM spider interior ring (facing the BB frame), compares to a P2Max?

My P2Max PM hits my new BB frame area so looking for alternatives
rstgsr.jpg
dcvsrv.jpg
pretty sure this is useless but i got no better idea at the moment, if you think of a way i could help you, some pic angle or comparison let me know, i aint installing the pm until a few days more

MikeMoore

by MikeMoore

Finally bit the bullet after the recent GPLama review and ordered an XT fit PM for my Pivot Les to replace a left side only Avio (also used left only Stages).

I know from dual sided Rotor on my road bike I average 45/55% split L/R so hopefully this will be more accurate rather than always reading 10% low!
Weight 74.4kg, FTP 303W => 4.04 W/kg

Retired Bikes
Custom 650B Kingdom Double9
Kinesis Aithein / Kinesis Racelight 4S

Current bikes
Reilly Spectre / Cervelo R3
Pivot Les / Pivot Mach4SL
Ventana El Conquistador

floriansantana

by floriansantana

MikeMoore wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:43 pm
Finally bit the bullet after the recent GPLama review and ordered an XT fit PM for my Pivot Les to replace a left side only Avio (also used left only Stages).

I know from dual sided Rotor on my road bike I average 45/55% split L/R so hopefully this will be more accurate rather than always reading 10% low!
Where did you order from?
@floriansantana

chrisbike

by chrisbike

floriansantana wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:17 pm
Has anyone of you ordered from the Sigeyi UK store? Do they only ship to the UK or do they also ship to mainland Europe from there? I’m looking at a AXO Cannondale PM.
I've ordered from the SIgeyi UK store - couldn'tm fault them, super quick delivery!

naavt

by naavt

tireheb wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:40 pm

Hi,

pretty sure this is useless but i got no better idea at the moment, if you think of a way i could help you, some pic angle or comparison let me know, i aint installing the pm until a few days more
Hi,

Not useless at all. Can you please measure the diameter of the inner ring? That's the part rubbing on my frame. Thank you so much.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MikeMoore

by MikeMoore

floriansantana wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:33 pm
MikeMoore wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:43 pm

Where did you order from?
I ordered from the Sigeyi UK store. Will update with more info once it arrives :)
Weight 74.4kg, FTP 303W => 4.04 W/kg

Retired Bikes
Custom 650B Kingdom Double9
Kinesis Aithein / Kinesis Racelight 4S

Current bikes
Reilly Spectre / Cervelo R3
Pivot Les / Pivot Mach4SL
Ventana El Conquistador