Sigeyi Axo Power Meter Spider

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kode54

by kode54

trex wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:34 pm
Hi folks,

I purchased AXO SRAM-8-4-110 power meter on Ali a few months ago. I waited a very long time for the crank arms (covid times) and once they arrived I set about fitting them.

Unfortunately before that I noticed a problem with the battery/charging of the power meter itself.
It is as follows:

1. The PM is visible in the app.
2. It shows power and cadence values. Calibration can be performed.
3. Unfortunately when connected to charging cable - charging LED is not illuminated.
4. This results in the fact that the update cannot be performed.
5. What is worse, despite the non-illuminated diode, during charging the battery level changes to 100% after a few minutes. Then, when I unplug the chaging cable - the LED blinks five times and the charging level returns to 94%.

I have tried using different usb chargers, cleaning the contacts, leaving the charge on longer - to no effect.

What can I do in this situation? Do you have any experience with Sigeyi warranty service?

Thanks!
The magnetic connector picks up little metal bits and can lift it off...so I make sure I clean it by a cloth or fingers to make sure before attaching.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

raggi

by raggi

Hi, does anyone know if the AXO-ROTOR-ALDHU-4-110 spider is compatible with Shimano chainrings?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Yes that’s what it’s designed for

trex

by trex

Yes, this is the first thing I did.
Warranty replacement PM arrived yesterday - looks like everything is ok now.

So kudos to Sigeyi!
kode54 wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:41 pm
trex wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:34 pm
Hi folks,

I purchased AXO SRAM-8-4-110 power meter on Ali a few months ago. I waited a very long time for the crank arms (covid times) and once they arrived I set about fitting them.

Unfortunately before that I noticed a problem with the battery/charging of the power meter itself.
It is as follows:

1. The PM is visible in the app.
2. It shows power and cadence values. Calibration can be performed.
3. Unfortunately when connected to charging cable - charging LED is not illuminated.
4. This results in the fact that the update cannot be performed.
5. What is worse, despite the non-illuminated diode, during charging the battery level changes to 100% after a few minutes. Then, when I unplug the chaging cable - the LED blinks five times and the charging level returns to 94%.

I have tried using different usb chargers, cleaning the contacts, leaving the charge on longer - to no effect.

What can I do in this situation? Do you have any experience with Sigeyi warranty service?

Thanks!
The magnetic connector picks up little metal bits and can lift it off...so I make sure I clean it by a cloth or fingers to make sure before attaching.

Maxmillian

by Maxmillian

Sigeyi AXO is good
But crank price goes crazy high in china.

kode54

by kode54

@trex...good to know they honor their PMs.

Did you ship back to China?
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

trex

by trex

Yes, I had to.
kode54 wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:59 pm
@trex...good to know they honor their PMs.

Did you ship back to China?

Aeo

by Aeo

IMG_3895.PNG
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

Aeo

by Aeo

IMG_4030.jpg
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

spartacus

by spartacus

Do these things ever go on sale?

floriansantana

by floriansantana

Just a quick heads up for everyone interested in the AXO for Cannondale Si cranks: You might have to sand away a bit of the plastic body of the PM where the cranks reach out of the spider, otherwise it won’t fit exactly straight to the cranks which causes a wobble of the chainrings and therefore a mess when adjusting the FD.

Do other PM models of the AXO for other cranks have the same problem?
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

Aeo

by Aeo

signal-2022-06-10-161704_001.png

kode54

by kode54

Thx for update reminder when they are available. I never check myself.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

cberg

by cberg

So 6000 km in mine is working (almost) flawlessly. Very fit and forget, the readings seem right except some slightly high peaks when sprinting. Anybody else get this too?

PaulJ

by PaulJ

Is there a source for these in the UK still? Sigeyi.co.uk seems to be down, I last contacted them at the back end of 2021 and they said end of Jan 2022 for more stock of Sram 3bolt 5x110 fitment. I've since emailed them again with no response, and their site never did show more stock of this fitment.

BikeInn shows stock, but I'm hesistant to order from overseas just incase of warranty issues and the associated hassle with a non-UK retailer if there are problems.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com