Sigeyi Axo Power Meter Spider

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cberg

by cberg

freepk wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:59 pm
pictures
Did yours come with a sticker on it? Did you just remove it?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

freepk

by freepk

@cberg, yes, i just remove stickers.

Aeo

by Aeo

IMG_3538.PNG
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

cberg

by cberg

Got an AXO a while back, still waiting for the bike I'm putting it on
Scale says 750g with Rotor Aldhu 24mm (heavier axle) and DA9100 chainrings :)

Also, app says hardware version 1 but power meter has the "ALDHU Carbon & Aluminum Compatible" text on it, which according to Sigeyi is a newer model?
Edit: Updated firmware from 4.015 to 4.017 and reconnected. Now it shows as hardware version 8 :?:

JaeOne3345

by JaeOne3345

cberg wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:07 pm
Edit: Updated firmware from 4.015 to 4.017 and reconnected. Now it shows as hardware version 8 :?:
I just bought an AXS/Shimano 4-110 Bolt version back in December direct from Sigeyi. Finally installed it tonight. It was also reading Hardware Version 1 out of the box, but after updating now shows as Hardware Version 8.

cberg

by cberg

Seems like all is right then, mine looks like the new models too :)

samarskyrider

by samarskyrider

Hello everyone,

I'm considering Sigeyi AXO 104 BCD PM for 3-bolt SRAM mtb cranks. Can someone share their experience in MTB application of this PM?

I've read that there are visual differences between models of the same PM, can anyone share a recent version of AXO 3-Bolt 104BCD?

js

by js

I've been riding that crank (3-bolt & 104) on my mountain bike for two years and I've been really happy. There were some low readings at the end of rides early on, but for the last year plus it's been as accurate as I can expect. Due to the nature of mountain biking, unless I were to use power pedals at the same time hooked to another unit, I'm not sure how I could discern the accuracy of the last 1-5%, but for climbing intervals, etc, the numbers certainly reflect what I'm doing on my road bike.

All in all, it's been impressive enough that I'm looking to dump the Shimano set-up from my road bike and get a second Sigeyi, so I'm not sure there's a better compliment I can offer a product.

Aeo

by Aeo

Everybody please email Sigeyi and ask about making an AXO spider for the SRM Origin spindle :D

Having an alternative to the Rotor 24mm spindle would be nice.
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

trex

by trex

Hi folks,

I purchased AXO SRAM-8-4-110 power meter on Ali a few months ago. I waited a very long time for the crank arms (covid times) and once they arrived I set about fitting them.

Unfortunately before that I noticed a problem with the battery/charging of the power meter itself.
It is as follows:

1. The PM is visible in the app.
2. It shows power and cadence values. Calibration can be performed.
3. Unfortunately when connected to charging cable - charging LED is not illuminated.
4. This results in the fact that the update cannot be performed.
5. What is worse, despite the non-illuminated diode, during charging the battery level changes to 100% after a few minutes. Then, when I unplug the chaging cable - the LED blinks five times and the charging level returns to 94%.

I have tried using different usb chargers, cleaning the contacts, leaving the charge on longer - to no effect.

What can I do in this situation? Do you have any experience with Sigeyi warranty service?

Thanks!
Attachments
LED light not iluminated while charging
LED light not iluminated while charging
Unable to upgrade - despite fact it's connected with charging port
Unable to upgrade - despite fact it's connected with charging port

Aeo

by Aeo

I hope this does not happen to mine. Have you tried measuring the voltage on the charging cable contact? Maybe the cable is defect and not the unit

Just got a SRAM-8-4-110:
- Hardware version 8
- Weight 105.9 grams (without stickers)

trex

by trex

Aeo wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:21 am
I hope this does not happen to mine. Have you tried measuring the voltage on the charging cable contact? Maybe the cable is defect and not the unit

Just got a SRAM-8-4-110:
- Hardware version 8
- Weight 105.9 grams (without stickers)
Yep, did that. Charging cable was fine, problem was on PM circut side.
I am waiting for the new unit to arrive as a warranty replacement.

PS
I heard that there is supposed to be a new version of AXO. Is this true? Can anyone know anything more?

spartacus

by spartacus

So the quarq and sigeyi dub power meters all also work on GXP?

Aeo

by Aeo

Sigeyi has a 3-bolt and an 8-bolt with different chainring interfaces, spindle size does not matter
sigeyi.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spartacus

by spartacus

Dang one of these might be my next power meter!