Sigeyi Axo Power Meter Spider

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

robbosmans

by robbosmans

I know someone who disagrees with Quarq’s reliability. Ask RyanH

AZR3

by AZR3

I've owned a bunch of power meters (6 Power2Max, 3 Quarqs and Assioma Duo) and the only issues I've ever had were from the Quarqs, went through two units in 6 months, and finally sold the second replacement unit and bought another Power2Max. Will never waste my money on a Quarq again
Last edited by AZR3 on Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glepore

by glepore

Yeah, the only unit I had outright fail was a Quarq (I've had powertap, several srms, Quarqs, P2M and now Sigeyi). It was a several year old unit though.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

nlvx

by nlvx

Aeo wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:10 am
Have to give credit to Michael from Velowear for easily replacing a Sigeyi AXO under warranty. (bad battery)

If you are in the EU and want to buy a power meter, this is the best place to do so
I'm from Belgium : I can confirm this, I 've ordered from him and everything went smoothly.

arcatern

by arcatern

glepore wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:54 pm
Yeah, the only unit I had outright fail was a Quarq (I've had powertap, several srms, Quarqs, P2M and now Sigeyi). It was a several year old unit though.
I had a quarq crap out too.
Now looking at Power2max (had one, zero issues, sold it with the bike it was on) and Sigeyi. What's you're experience been between the two? On paper Sigeyi is cheaper and lighter.

RDY

by RDY

Anyone have any idea how you're supposed to charge the Shimano MTB (DM) version?

The steel crank spindle's proximity to the charging contacts repels the magnetic charger head ...

maxima

by maxima

Both Power2Max and Sigeyi have serve me well on my bikes - I like the Sigyei better and it is very well made.
arcatern wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:06 am
glepore wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:54 pm
I had a quarq crap out too.
Now looking at Power2max (had one, zero issues, sold it with the bike it was on) and Sigeyi. What's you're experience been between the two? On paper Sigeyi is cheaper and lighter.

js

by js

RDY wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:40 pm
Anyone have any idea how you're supposed to charge the Shimano MTB (DM) version?

The steel crank spindle's proximity to the charging contacts repels the magnetic charger head ...
I don't have any issue at all charging the unit on my partners bike, which is the same spec. The charge cable does 'bounce' off if it's upside down though, as the magnets in the charge cable / charger are reversed. Try flipping it around and it should work fine.

RDY

by RDY

js wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:13 pm
RDY wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:40 pm

I don't have any issue at all charging the unit on my partners bike, which is the same spec. The charge cable does 'bounce' off if it's upside down though, as the magnets in the charge cable / charger are reversed. Try flipping it around and it should work fine.
No, neither direction works. Tried the cable from my SRAM 8 bolt AXS Sigeyi, same effect. Both cables snap into place solidly on the SRAM one. I had to duct tape it on in the end.

js

by js

I wonder if it's somehow possible that they put two of the same magnet in your powermeter, instead of two different magnets - it shouldn't have the same impact when you flip it either way.

cajer

by cajer

I'm about to pull the bullet on one over a Quarq for a new build. Just to confirm with people here, there are no issues with accuary or anything else right?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

cajer wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:28 am
I'm about to pull the bullet on one over a Quarq for a new build. Just to confirm with people here, there are no issues with accuary or anything else right?
It has minor accuracy issues due to not cancelling out non-rotational forces. Basically the more extreme the chainline, the less accurate it gets. Non-rotational forces are the bane of many cheap power meters, including big names like Stages.

cajer

by cajer

How bad are the accuracy issues? If im on the lowest and highest possible gears in a 2x bike? should I just get a power2max?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

cajer wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:41 pm
How bad are the accuracy issues? If im on the lowest and highest possible gears in a 2x bike? should I just get a power2max?

+2% when in the big ring according to Peak Torque

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cajer

by cajer

Has this been addressed? This seems like a big issue, and am suprised that GPlama didn't catch it.