Sigeyi Axo Power Meter Spider

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

R314

by R314

milanv wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:40 am
RDY wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:02 pm
So what's the latest on the Sigeyi Axo and Xcadey Xpower spiders? Are they fixed and working well, or is firmware borked again?
I have read all known information and test across the net about both... Several people report bad power figures with X-Cadey, nor Sigeyi. Last information in this thread is, that X-Cadey latest FW corrected power errors experienced before. Is it OK, now? Sigeyi is right from the beginning.

I would like to use it on my second bike with Rotor cranks and chainrings. Thx.
I've been using mine since december on a Sram GXP crankset. Paried with an Edge 130 or PC (via ANT+).
Firmware updates went fine (tried with an Iphone and an android device). I dind't see any extreme prower spikes, maybe because I use https://intervals.icu/ to analyze my data.

It looks like this:
https://ibb.co/LtL02y0

Aeo

by Aeo

I don't think there is a historical list of firmware updates, maybe we can collect something here

2021-07-31 firmware version 4.013
sigeyi axo 4013.jpeg
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kilokilo

by kilokilo

milanv wrote:
RDY wrote:

hi, do you run oval rotor rings or no-q ?

my axo L/R figures is acting funny, it used to be 50L/50R when stand still and no pressure on the pedal. it become 100/0 now days and when i try to re-calibrate the powermeter on garmin it show calibration error....

where do you guys get support from sigeyi ?

milanv

by milanv

kilokilo wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:39 pm
milanv wrote:
RDY wrote:

hi, do you run oval rotor rings or no-q ?

my axo L/R figures is acting funny, it used to be 50L/50R when stand still and no pressure on the pedal. it become 100/0 now days and when i try to re-calibrate the powermeter on garmin it show calibration error....

where do you guys get support from sigeyi ?
I ride oval Q Rings 52+36.

Aeo

by Aeo

iOS app update
IMG_3179.jpg
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

gplama

by gplama

Aeo wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:06 am
iOS app update
Looks good. I may have another unit arriving to put through my test protocol.

NovellaNovelli

by NovellaNovelli

gplama wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:16 am
Looks good. I may have another unit arriving to put through my test protocol.
Eagerly await the results!

gplama

by gplama

Quick query for anyone with an AXO spider meter - How are your numbers looking if you've compared them to other meters?

I've scrolled back through a few pages of posts and a few indicate they're a little low? (Not a worry with the new scaling in their app....).

MagicShite

by MagicShite

gplama wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:52 am
Quick query for anyone with an AXO spider meter - How are your numbers looking if you've compared them to other meters?

I've scrolled back through a few pages of posts and a few indicate they're a little low? (Not a worry with the new scaling in their app....).
It was a bit low but just slightly lower than Kickr 4. Otherwise the latest firmwares have them about 2.5% higher.

I'm not sure if it has to do with my legs getting stronger or what, it's hard to do a check without them allowing me to flash the older firmwares.

I was testing them to almost 1:1 while trying to regain fitness after recovering from a broken femur. My gut tells me they measure close around 200w while getting a larger separation at higher watts around 250-300. I'm too lazy to do a comparison though haha.

gplama

by gplama

MagicShite wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:27 am
It was a bit low but just slightly lower than Kickr 4. Otherwise the latest firmwares have them about 2.5% higher.
Thanks for the reply. This is really interesting. I've tweaked the unit I have here to be spot-on with the Kickr 5 and Assiomas. It required about the same adjustment. More on this soon....I'm still throwing a few things at it.

MagicShite

by MagicShite

gplama wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:44 pm
MagicShite wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:27 am
Thanks for the reply. This is really interesting. I've tweaked the unit I have here to be spot-on with the Kickr 5 and Assiomas. It required about the same adjustment. More on this soon....I'm still throwing a few things at it.
O_O do you mean to say you found a discrepancy around 2.5% as well?

I actually have 3 units of these. They match really consistently well to each other.

The 3.719 firmware actually was closest to the Kickr, less than 0.5%, but they wouldn't let me flash that version and would insist the new one's better. *shrugs*

glepore

by glepore

I haven't done a run on a kicker or side by side yet, but I've been really happy with mine so far, and the numbers seem to be within a few watts of my other pm's (SRM, Quarq, Stages gen 3). Maybe a touch low along the lines you suggest, but nothing that I'd consider a training liabilty.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

bobinski

by bobinski

I am reallyt interested in this PM but it's not compatible with Shimano 8000 series. I have a Scott Addict and by looks of it i would have to upgrade the BB, chain rings and crank as well. Such a shame because then the cost becomes equivalent to other options.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Obviously you need a modular crank.

You could go for a Stages/ 4iiii’s or Assioma’s.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

bobinski wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:46 pm
I am reallyt interested in this PM but it's not compatible with Shimano 8000 series. I have a Scott Addict and by looks of it i would have to upgrade the BB, chain rings and crank as well. Such a shame because then the cost becomes equivalent to other options.

Well yes. To install a power meter spider, you need a removable spider. But to your point about price, I agree. The price is too close to a Quarq spider for it to make any sense to me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com